Research & Conservation Auction

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The auction itself will commence on Wednesday 11th November.
Lots will finish every evening from 1900 to approx 2200 commencing on Wednesday 25th and finishing on Sunday 29th.
As with last years auction there will be approximately 10 lots per day.

The many prizes, donated by members, noted anglers and tackle companies, include paintings, books, bait and numerous tackle items, as well as exclusive days out fishing with well known anglers and local experts, invariably on private stretches of river.
The cash raised is used to fund the many research projects and river improvement schemes supported by the Society, which have included stockings of barbel on the Dane, Aire and Dorset Stour, as well as habitat enhancement work, both ongoing and planned, on the Hampshire Avon, Upper Thames, Loddon, Teme, and Stour. The Society recently paid for fish survey work on the St Patricks Stream, and will always welcome bids from clubs and individuals for help in river conservation works.

The auction is open to members only, but you may ask an existing member to bid on your behalf, or even better join the Society take advantage of the rest of the plus points of membership.

Last edited:

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thought you guys may like to see just what projects the funds go to.

Barbel Society supports river improvement

As part of its ongoing Research And Conservation work, the Barbel Society has recently made a donation of two thousand pounds to help fund a fish survey on the St Patricks Stream being carried out by Twyford and District Fishing Club.

St Patricks Steam is Thames tributary which has been famed for its barbel fishing in the past. The barbel have been getting fewer and fewer in recent years, and the club are forming a partnership with The Barbel Society and CEMEX Angling . The partnership will put together a management plan the ensure that St. Patricks Stream does not fall into decline and to improve the fishing for the club members.
The clubs which own the stretch, Twyford & DFC and Cemex, are trying to assess the current fish populations and use the results in their planning for river management and restoration works in the future. They are taking advice from both the EA and fishery consultants.

Dave Johnson, T&DFC said ' The knowledge and experience that the Barbel Society brings to the project is invaluable. The partnership between CEMEX Angling, Barbel Society and T&DFC will provide a strong platform to ensure the well being of St Patricks Stream for future generations'

“The Barbel Society is always keen to help any work which both informs our knowledge about fish populations, and which restores or improves river habitat” said Pete Reading, BS Research and Conservation Officer

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
THE LOTS

LOTS

Don't forget if you want to bid and you're not a member of The Barbel Society, a member can bid on your behalf.

PM me if you want me to bid on your behalf

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Just in case Graham needs a prompt, look at the last day!!!:wh

Last edited:

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was I wrong in thinking you are a Man U fan?

If you are not then it doesn't apply, apologies

LOT 42

2 tickets to any home game at Old Trafford.

The Theatre of Dreams

This prize will include lunch and momentos of your day.

THE BIDDING ON THIS ITEM FINISHES AT

19:30hrs

ON SUNDAY NOVEMBER 29th

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Oh, sorry Fred, I am a Man U fan, but my wallet is too thin to make a bid this time.

Looks a like a damn good auction though, let's hope you do well.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
There is an item or two I'd be interested in Fred, I'll send you a PM later.

Until then: "The Theatre of Dreams"

Which until as recently as Senor Ronaldo's departure was known throughout the PL as "the Theatre of Dives"

(only joking boss . . . . . )

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Auction starts to close on thursday at 7:15pm

The auction is open to members only, but you may ask an existing member to bid on your behalf,(or me) or even better join the Society take advantage of the ever improving plus points of membership.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks to all the following Company's and individuals for their donations to The R&C Fund £5325 and still counting

CLIMAX TACKLE SHEFFIELD

BILLY CLARKE TACKLE SHEFFIELD

RINGWOOD AND DISTRICT AA

CHRISTCHURCH AC

TWYFORD AND DISTRICT AC

NUTRABAITS LTD

KORUM TACKLE LTD

GRAHAM ELLIOTT

CHRIS HOLLEY

WICKERSLEY ANGLING ROTHERHAM

GARY KNOWLES

ULTIMA UK