River Lea

C

Cakey

I hope you realise what youve just done Ginger that Barbara is....................

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
"ive got the bits between stanborough and hertford but my doc says it will go away in a few days"

"so youve got some hitchin"

- spray the affected parts with Flitwick.

J

John McLaren

Fished the stretch at Stanborough Park yesterday afternoon. Being a bank holiday the lake was very busy with anglers and a fair number were fishing the river whilst hundreds of people were walking the path between the two waters to and from the FUN FAIR!!!!.

No chance of swim hopping but I found what looked a promising spot and settled down to feed pellets then introduced my hookbait - nods and rattles from the off but it took about 45 minutes before I hit a fish - chub of about 8oz. Finished up with two of those, two more chub of 2-3lb and two bream to about 3lb. Had to be off at sunset - which probably stretched a fair way but just as I stood up to start packing the rod hooped around and a much bigger fish shot across the river to embed my hook in the rushes - barbel or carp maybe (or maybe one of those monster gudgeon!)

Thanks to all for the info given.