River levels site problem

Ged28

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem accessing the river levels site? I just get a message saying that firefox cannot connect securely, probably due to their certificate having expired. It's been like this for a few weeks now, I would have thought a gov.uk site would have been sorted by now.

Ged28

Reaction score
Thanks Alan. I've since googled a measuring station and that worked fine. Just seems strange all my links that I've used for years are throwing up the same message.

Richard Bartlett

Reaction score
Thanks Alan. I've since googled a measuring station and that worked fine. Just seems strange all my links that I've used for years are throwing up the same message.
I had exactly the same Ged - got round it by deleting & re-establishing all my links. Strangely though, only had the issue on my tablet - phone links were fine!

Ged28

Reaction score
I'll do the same, it's an opportunity to get get rid of a lot I no longer use.

nottskev

Reaction score
I've not had a problem getting a station, but I didn't realise for a long time that the same station can come with different information depending on which version you go to. For one of the ones I check frequently, one site tells me level and whether steady, rising etc. Another adds to the graph shown a projection of the level over the next 24 hrs. This is handy as I don't have to check other stations upstream to get an idea of what's coming down.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've had no issues at all, but I'm using Edge for my browser.

If you are using the EA Levels site. I'd suggest that you try https://www.gaugemap.co.uk/
As well as being a simple alternative, it offers a rather handy variable scale (day, week, month and year) on its graphs. I find this rather useful.