River Lot, France. This is how seriously river associations here work!

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
I have probably bored you all with my views on the lovely river Lot, but here is some of the stuff that goes unseen........

I think it's just 80 euros a year to fish the Lot, 105 euros gets a permit for nearly all the rivers in France.

Maybe it's time the UK had a revolution?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have probably bored you all with my views on the lovely river Lot, but here is some of the stuff that goes unseen........

I think it's just 80 euros a year to fish the Lot, 105 euros gets a permit for nearly all the rivers in France.

Maybe it's time the UK had a revolution?

I know a few heads I’d like to see roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
Instead we have a government which says to our water companies “ carry on putting human excrement into our rivers thus polluting them and our seas until 2050: we don’t give a toss and won’t be here then when we have no rivers left” “ leave the brown paper bags as usual.”
It’s a national disgrace.

@Clive

Reaction score
Where do you get the latter permit from Steve? At that price it’s worth having just in case I’m tempted.😉
Go online. Type in "peche" followed by a department number for example of where your place is or destination. Google will bring up the departmental fisheries web page. Click on Cartes de Peche and follow the links. The Interfederale option is €105 with no delivery of a hard copy. Choose a random association from the list, upload a photo, pay by card and print the licence off.

Or in France get one from any tourist office. They run Jan to Dec.

John Aston

Reaction score
It is a tricky one . France is a much bigger country than the UK , far less densely populated , and it has a wealth of lovely big rivers .But most people in the UK live in a relatively small part of the country - say from Teesside south - and most of the coarse fishing venues are in that area . I am absolutely for an end to the absurdity of five different open membership clubs having adjoining sections of the same river (as is the case on my local river) and a 'one size fits all' ticket superseding that nonsense . But some small streams and rivers are exceptionally delicate environments and the risk of increased pressure which open access involves could destroy them. What happens in France about such waters - such as the Normandy chalk streams ?

@Clive

Reaction score
It is a tricky one . France is a much bigger country than the UK , far less densely populated , and it has a wealth of lovely big rivers .But most people in the UK live in a relatively small part of the country - say from Teesside south - and most of the coarse fishing venues are in that area . I am absolutely for an end to the absurdity of five different open membership clubs having adjoining sections of the same river (as is the case on my local river) and a 'one size fits all' ticket superseding that nonsense . But some small streams and rivers are exceptionally delicate environments and the risk of increased pressure which open access involves could destroy them. What happens in France about such waters - such as the Normandy chalk streams ?
Each department has its own fisheries dept that works with neighbouring departments if they share a river or lake. Given the size of the departments a river like the Charente that is slightly longer than the Severn only passes through 4 departments and 2 of those have less than 20km of river.

Philip

Reaction score
Imo open access works better the less people and more water you have to share around.

Unfortunay nothing messes nice places up quicker than human beings so it's probably going to be less well received in areas with alot of them than in remote areas with loads of water.

I do agree however that the uk system needs looking at.

Last edited: