River Tern

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Spent the last few days fishing the Tern Around the Market Drayton area i fished it when i firs moved into the area and it has improved considerably bit difficult access wise very over grown but then that is probably the reason for its improvement the Public sections are fishing well but not to easy

ian g

Reaction score
A few mates used to fish it around Tern Hill , kept meaning to but never got around to it

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
A few mates used to fish it around Tern Hill , kept meaning to but never got around to it
Yes that is the next section on the list for me my big problem is parking reasonably close and that bit on the A41 is bad in that sense it is maybe 2 iles from me as the crow flies . The section Behind the swimming center is fishing well right now as well

mikench

Reaction score
I didn’t really know where to post this article from the Beeb but as it relates to the lost rivers of London, I thought here. I found it very interesting. I doubt those of you who fish the Lea will want to see otters return.

Keith M

Reaction score
I didn’t really know where to post this article from the Beeb but as it relates to the lost rivers of London, I thought here. I found it very interesting. I doubt those of you who fish the Lea will want to see otters return.

There are already otters in the river Lea a few miles downstream of us Mike; around the fishers green area. and no doubt they’ll be here on our stretches very soon.

NB: The now deceased angler Keith Speer once told me that by the time the river Lea reaches the Thames every drop of water in it would have passed through humans at least five times because of abstraction.

Keith

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
I don’t think he invented Wet Bread but he certainly was a very well respected and brilliant angler, and it was a privilege to have known him.

Amongst other things Keith Spear wrote on FishingMagic:

Keith Speer takes a look at some deadly methods to make the most of a traditional but vastly underused bait...bread!

Here’s a tribute to Keith Speer.

Martin Salter leads the tributes following the passing of one of the greatest float fishermen of his generation, and one of the most highly respected anglers of recent years, Keith Speer.

Keith

Last edited: