River Windrush access

S

Stuart Neale

anybody know details of clubs controlling fishing on the windrush other than linear or the pub where it joins the thames ??

M

Mark Tullett

Stuart, don't know where you live but to fish the Windrush you really need a Newlands ticket. Vauxhall also have a little bit next to their pit @ Stanton Harcourt as do Witney @ Minster Lovell (upstream of Witney). Newlands have a couple of miles above,in and downstream of Witney.There are sections which belong to more 'exclusive' clubs for Trout fishing, mostly above Witney although Farmoor Fly Fishers have some downstream.

S

Stuart Neale

Thanks for that mark, i'm not far away in Bucks and know all about the trout fishing, do you have a contact name / number for Newlands ?? as so far I have only fished by the confluence with the Thames.

A

Andy O

Stuart, I have a contact number for Newlands, Try Graham State (Secretary) on 01993 702587
The last I heard most of it was still closed due to FM.

S

Stuart Neale

Thanks andy i'll give that a try , i'm sure it is still closed as is most of Ox and Bucks at the moment, anyone else got any info , any advice would be well received.

D

Daniel Whitelock

i know that vauxhall have a stretch, dont know much about it in the book it says it holds barbel dace chub roach usual river species, there was a report in iycf magazine last year with matt hayes fishing it had some good chub and roach on flake,
hope that helps, cheers Daniel

M

Mark Tullett

As far as I know the river is still closed for Trouting, can't be long now though......I'll be on it a bit after the 16th.It's a brillant little river but not easy.......and the Trout can be a real pain when Chub fishing!

S

Stuart Neale

Thanks Daniel and Mark for your info, lets all hope we can get on the rivers come the 16th.