Shimano Powerloop 12.5 M Pole sections

stewartrae

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a section of a pole that was recently lost, the pole is a Shimano Powerloop 12.5 M Pole it's about 32 years old so I'm hoping someone may have parts of one hiding in the shed somewhere, I know how most of us are hoarders when it comes to tackle
Please if anyone has or knows where I could obtain such, please let me know

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Hi, I'm looking for a section of a pole that was recently lost, the pole is a Shimano Powerloop 12.5 M Pole it's about 32 years old so I'm hoping someone may have parts of one hiding in the shed somewhere, I know how most of us are hoarders when it comes to tackle
Please if anyone has or knows where I could obtain such, please let me know
Try Billy Clarks in Sheffield , he may have a comparable Shimano section .

nottskev

Reaction score
Powerloop was the most affordable of the Shimano 90's range which went Diaflash, TwinPower, Powerloop.
They were all good.

I'd be very surprised if a retailer has spares. Often the best solution is to search out places that have oddment bins of pole sections, and find something that's a fit. That gets a bit more difficult for you, though, as poles of that era (pre-carp) were a much slimmer build, and your Powerloop end section is likely to be equivalent to an intermediate section of later poles, and end sections are often more heavily built to stand up to handling pressures like being trapped under elbows etc.

I've spent ages in the past tracking down Diaflash pole spares. I resorted to buying whole poles and have three these days. Good luck!

stewartrae

Reaction score
Hi Nottekev,
thanks for the confirmation of what I feared, I'm just hoping someone has an old one, as you suggested I am willing to buy a whole pole or a partial pole if someone has been unlucky like myself and lost or broke a section (different from the one I lost:)) I don't fish for carp much and have a carp pole for that,

flightliner

Reaction score
Hi Nottekev,
thanks for the confirmation of what I feared, I'm just hoping someone has an old one, as you suggested I am willing to buy a whole pole or a partial pole if someone has been unlucky like myself and lost or broke a section (different from the one I lost:)) I don't fish for carp much and have a carp pole for that,
Stewartrae, there's a second hand tackle dealer near to me who has a big bin rammed full of pole sections, if I think on the next time i'm down that way I'll ask him for his phone number so you can give him a call at your conveniance, I'm sure he will do his best by having a look for you.

nottskev

Reaction score
Stewartrae, there's a second hand tackle dealer near to me who has a big bin rammed full of pole sections, if I think on the next time i'm down that way I'll ask him for his phone number so you can give him a call at your conveniance, I'm sure he will do his best by having a look for you.

Do you mean The chap at Aston, Kev Calvert, Mick? I have his number here. I've pm'ed it to you.

flightliner

Reaction score
Stewartrae, thanks to notts kev i can give you the fone number I told you about—
It's— Kev Calvert on

stewartrae

Reaction score
I'd Like to thank everyone who read this and commented, I have managed to purchase a complete pole which should serve my need for spares over the next few years, the contact was through this site so my thanks, I am very grateful