soggy bottoms

P

p jackson

has any one got ideas on stopping maggots from disappearing into the muck i've been useing frozen maggot for a while asloose feed these dont have the same effect

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. Let them bury. They always emerge again at some point and there are always some on the surface silt to attract the fish. Once they find them they'll root for those that are under the surface of the silt. It keeps them rooting longer to find the loose feed and therefore in the swim longer.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Furthermore, that's why it's best to keep feeding no matter if you're getting bites or not, to ensure some maggots are always visible. Another reason why little and often is usually best.

S

Simon Final

i did read in a mag recently that if you seal your maggots in a box with a placky bag or cling film under the lid it starves them of oxygen and puts in a deep sleep they will wake up when you open them but it may slow them down in the burring process.

P

Paul Scattergood

Why not try dead maggots. i use them in the winter flavoured,instead of casters(much cheaper too). riddle off the dust & seal in a plastic sandwich bag & freeze.

D

David Will

You could try squatts as feed and a big maggot on the hook.Squatts are not good a burrowing!Casters might even be better.

P

Paul Scattergood

oops didn't read all of first post,sorry but it does work.now where did i put those glasses.