Storing Hooklenths

S

Simon Final

What is the best way people have found to store hooklenths EG: .09 20 hook not hair rigs etc because if i try to fold them like they do when you buy hooks to nylon , o boy what a mess
thanks

David Preston

Reaction score
Daiwa do (or did) little round hooklength winders which are quite nifty, and some of the continental manufacturers (Ignesti, I think, and others) do flat winders that take several hooklengths.

Visit a local tackle shop that caters for match anglers and you should find something.

C

Chris Bishop

Gardener now make a mini rig bin which will hold about 10 and fit in your pocket.

M

mark tullett

Simon, Hold the end of the line between your thumb and forefinger (left hand) and wind the line around your forefinger and middle finger with your right hand holding the hook. When you get withing 3-4inches of the hook drop it through the loops you made 2 or 3 times, a bit of saliva helps the coils stay together!. Pop it into the card/paper packets you can still buy in a few tackle shops. When you want to use them just put the coils over your fingers as before and unwind the hook......no problem. You can put a loop on the end if you like but I always use a 5 turn water knot which is really strong & dead easy to tie.

D

Daniel Whitelock

if you have lots of hooklengths that need storing get a bit of the insulation that wraps round pipes and a bisto gravy granuals pot, cut off a length of the insulation and glue it to the inside of the bisto lid and bobs your uncle a rig bin thats keeps it all neet and tidy, and protected from getting tangled up with the rest of your kit.

David Preston

Reaction score
I've made a couple like Daniels suggests above, and find that a baby wipes tub works a treat.

G

Goose Ganderton

I will make up hook lenghts and rigs before a session and keep them on either a Nash rig board or a Double T rig wallet.
I tend to discard them after a session and when Carp or Barbel fishing will even change hooks after a capture, so preventing using dull points.