Tackle Prices in the USA

D

Dave Feeney

Ron, long or short socks????? I got ta know man, just got ta??

ron lander

Reaction score
Kevan,

Theres a walmart near Bristol but I ain't seen any fishing kit in it.

C

Chris Bishop

Fishing gear is the same as anything else, they charge what they think the market will bear, which is a nice way of saying what they think people will be prepared to pay.

Sometimes you sell more of something by charging more for it, because people automatically equate cost with quality.

I'm surprised the advent of the web hasn't led to more virtual stores springing up.

You can already get quite a lot of stuff from the states online - check out Bass-Pro.

D

Dave Feeney

Blast !!!!! wanted me moneys worth, was so hopeing they was long....... :)

K

Kevan Farmer

Chris. What about import duties though and postage costs? don't they negate any savings made by ordering online? There should be bigger savings by ordering from online retailers over here. However, most of the time they give a token discount. Or am I expecting too much? It's just one of the reasons I like to make my own tackle where possible - excluding reels and line of course :)

Kevan

S

shaun simpson

Asda do lovely take away curries as well:)ticka massalla, tricolour rice, baji and nam all for under 3 quid

K

Kevan Farmer

Ron. Ask the manager at Wal-Mart to stock fishing tackle. They are always open to suggestion and if you don't ask...

Kevan

R

Ron Clay

I will. I believe Walmart stock tackle in the States.

Just recently our local Asda has been cutting prices in a big way. I like it.

M

Mike Parker

Shaun,

I agree, its a pity they don't deliver them hot to the bankside!!!!!