Targets for the coming season?

nottskev

Reaction score
I hope to fish in places I like on methods I enjoy, and if the fish turn up as they did last year, that will do me. "Targets" are for managerial types with reductive quantitative mindsets. I don't even carry scales. At his annual review, my engineer friend was asked what his targets for the next year were. His reply: I'd like to do the same as last year but f*** up less often. I'll go with that.

Specihunter

Reaction score
i was hoping to try new waters and do some river fishing. but with how expensive diesel is and other things. it wont be happening.

Philip

Reaction score
My plans for the year are already going to pot as I go off in tangents after becoming fixated with a couple of new venues I found.

I would love to get at least a couple of Barbel trips in further afield & the monster Rudd I saw in a quiet corner a few years ago always draw me back on the hottest days of the year with a load of maggots and a catapult but they have yet to reappear....where have they gone ?

I didn’t get afloat at all last year so I would love to get out in the little boat and Kayak for a day or two and I am sure to get my Roach head on some time late summer/ and into Autumn searching for a whopper. Every year I say I should have a proper go after the Zander, I have some really good ones within striking distance and its one of those things I am sure to regret if I don’t make hay while the sun shines. For the winter I have earmarked a nice little river that looks a good bet for roving around plus a warm water outflow that should bring a few bites. Then of course there is the Carp, the Catfish and the Mullet, the big Chub and Ide in the main river, the list goes on …now I am getting depressed as I know I wont fit it all in. Crikey I love this dangling lark.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I only had one hope for this year, an 8lb tench (preferably before they got fit to burst with spawn). Now I can mix things up a bit rather than go stale or fish for them when they are close to spawning.

GrayG70

Reaction score
Tench and Ide.
Although my main priority this season is experimentation with baits, home made that is, If anyone has ever watched TA Fishing on youtube, the guy has caught carp on bacon, fried egg, spuds lol, so yer im having some fun experimenting with baits, finding out what these fish like and dont like in a water predominantly fished with maggot and boilies. I have had some success with raw whisked egg whipped and used as a dip and a strawberry corn dip i made from fresh strawberries.

riverman

Reaction score
to catch some nice chub.not caught enough of them to be honest.plus a double figure barbel would be nice. ;)

john step

Reaction score
Well today is the 16th. I shall wait for the temps to drop hopefully next week. Anyone out there roasting on the river at the moment?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Well today is the 16th. I shall wait for the temps to drop hopefully next week. Anyone out there roasting on the river at the moment?

Went out early and I'm now back home. Far too warm and bright by 10am. I might go again later, but probably to a stillwater. I got to christen a new centrepin, but it was nothing to write home about.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
The pond I've been fishing all spring is wonderfully shaded and as it's up a hill it's cooler than at sea level so I had three hours there today for a mixed bag of skimmers, a 3lb bream plus plenty of roach to 8oz on the pole, mostly on pellets, some on tares. The river will have to wait until next week.