Team Daiwa S133 PM

Darren Wraith

Reaction score
have anyone got one, are they any good and are they worth ?150 second hand 6 months old

Trevor Back

Reaction score
Hi Darren,excellent rod i rate it above the 129,trouble with these Diawas as opposed to the older AWBs is that they are made in the far east and i have cast a few of the 129s and they felt slightly different,if possible i would have a cast with it,but i like em!!

Darren Wraith

Reaction score
Cheers Trevor I have the Ron Thompson superior at the moment and it is rubish and need new rod. The 133 looked and felt better but really needed to know from someone who has used one before I spent ?150 on it.Thanks again shall be getting it on monday.

Trevor Back

Reaction score
good luck with it Darren,i use mine with the fuji reel fitting on the reducer a 24mm fits perfect,ideal weight is 5oz,but a nice light rod,have landed thornbacks to 12lb7ozs on it no problem.I cast with an aerialised groundcast,but its great for groundcasting and overhead thumping as well.Hope you get on well with it mate.

Darren Wraith

Reaction score
gave it ago last night doubled casting distance straight away with no effort,shows bites better as well.thanks for advice