The Alternative Angler - Strike..!!

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Eh eh, they've sold out in the village shop.They still had the old ones though!!!

I particularly liked the reason for the lack of a Best Man, all I can say to Steve & Jeff is ,watch out for the photograher!:eek:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Alway class Kevin - pity you don't do the weekly article like you used to do
Alas, he's just had to move home to escape the letterbox fire bombs and angry mobs toting nooses. I'm afraid I can't reveal his new location (unless a postal request with signed cheque for four figures is forwarded to me), but once he's settled in and the new steel doors, bulletproof windows, and CCTV/alarm systems have been installed, he will (VERY HOPEFULLY) be writing on a regular basis once more.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Kevin.

I rated it at 3 stars, 5 would have to make me physically pee my pants, 4 would be rib cracking (mine not yours :rolleyes:) so 3 is fair I think. Especially considering the insults aimed at those fine brothers from Bristol :D:p mind you I have seen Jeff in drag and I think it would fool the Monk. Not that he would need fooling, Jeff in drag is probably better looking than some of the ruffe slappers he's had in his bivvy......:wh

heathbryant45

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmm, i'm not sure you know, having just spent a night (and two days in the boat)with........

"Barbershops all over the country will be rubbing their hands with glee."

and also a soon Florida trip soon, i think my lickle Cakey might just get the right hump and have it away with the once was ginger scouser Bibby.........

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Alway class Kevin - pity you don't do the weekly article like you used to do

M'lud et al

Several points if I may.

To 'do' the weekly articles, I have to have something to write about Now, that's obvious in one context, but as the twaddle I write isn't (usually) based on experience, that means I have to be creative (alright, dream it up...!)

If the AA archive was still available, (I'll come back to that later) you would see 200+ loads of waffle, the vast majority of which I have tried to do without repeating myself. Some pieces are admittedly formulaic with the likes of Donald and TickleTackle, but by and large it's all fresh material.

If I was writing How to' or 'What to do' articles, even if I was some angling genius, I doubt if I could have got past 30 or so without repeating something or other, whether exactly or with a slight variation on something that had gone before. Now that's fine for the angling press, of course, but not for the discerning members of FM (no sly dig there then...)

Of course, Jeff could start re-printing all my articles from No. 1 onwards, and I wouldn't have to write anything for the next seven or eight years, as there is plenty in the archive to be getting on with. And as it's not all that accessible, I doubt that many members have been in there for a stroll down memory lane..........

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Of course, Jeff could start re-printing all my articles from No. 1 onwards, and I wouldn't have to write anything for the next seven or eight years, as there is plenty in the archive to be getting on with.

Geoff and I are presently working on the articles written by Barrie Rickards because sadly, he's no longer with us.

As for you, dear Kev, you are not yet dead so keep on writing! We might be pursuaded to dig up the old Donald etc pieces, but it might slow down sales of your book.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Donald book sales are at the level they were last year, so no worries about anything slowing them down.

I was about to publish a compilation containing the 'Best of the Alternative Angler' but I fear it would be a very slim volume.....

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Kevin,

As long as you keep writing and entertaining us that's all that matters.

It's funny I look at you and Mark, two quite quiet characters, and think to myself what's going on in there? The coggs must be whizzing and the gray stuff doing overtime.

Keep em coming mate, to write a weekly article must be terrible and put you under loads of pressure. To write occasional articles and give it your full, must be so much more enjoyable.