The FM Keith Culley Memorial Match 2007

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date

Beecy

Reaction score
might be worth noting for future, a couple of miles up the A423 from clattercote I passed a Pub that also had an adjoining Indian restraut ( cant remember the name though )

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

"I passed a Pub that also had an adjoining Indian restaurant" - Nirvana!! (thats not the name!)

Beecy, its a shame we didn't chat more but congrats on your bag of skimmers.That was proper fishing.Maybe we need to arrange a winter match on there just for you so you cannot get mugged on the scales by carp?Graham did mention it.The roach fishing is supposed to be cracking.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Beecy, sorry mate I didn't realise who you were despite the badge, DOH! I was looking forward to a chat with you, next time mate :)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Was it the fact that his badge said Beecy that was confusing you Steve? ;-)

Beecy

Reaction score
i didnt have a badge !

i didnt get to chat to many of you realy, I would have liked to have joined you in the pub, but I was struggling for time as I had to be home to look after the young un as our lass was on a night out.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It was Mark Wintle who captured the shot of Grahams famous wallet!

That would explain it then Beecy.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cheers for a great day everyone! My breakfast in the morning wasn't as nice as everyone elses, i had a cup of Latte over it! Then i had Stu dexters beer all over my trousers in the pub haha.

BC, thank you, see i do listen and learn! ;}

S

Scott Whatmore

Thanks all for a great day. Hard fishing, but very enjoyable. Looking forward to next year already.

Did everyone see that Wendy had her stickers out in the pub! Did you manage to give em away in the end Wendy?
;o)

G

Gary Knowles

Now, now, Graham....Had I been there...you may not have been grinning mate :eek:)

I dont suppose you tried to extend THIS match by ten minutes to give you another carp ???????????

well spotted Wol...

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
There was a bit of confusion Barney. At the start we heard "all in", at the end (4pm) we heard a whistle? We weren't sure if it was 4 or 4.30 finish, but Mark Wintle reeled in at four and said "you're all gonna get disqualified!" so we all reeled in (I think?).

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Bit like having a 1 metre extension for those bonus fish you might not reach, just that Marsbar/Clay have their own interpretation of extension!

"There was a bit of confusion Barney. At the start we heard "all in", at the end (4pm) we heard a whistle? We weren't sure if it was 4 or 4.30 finish"

Hmmmmmmmmmm

;o)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Great day out as usuall. Only place i could get a bite was under the boards. But the big girls just kept snapping the 6Ib line. Must take stronger gear next year.

Well done to Graham and everybody who caught they were earned this year. Already looking forward to the next one. Might stop over though as i am getting a bit old for being up for 24 hours stright.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Then i had Stu dexters beer all over my trousers in the pub haha."

And I thought Graham had just you a mucky joke.

Beecy, You did really well, mate. I watched you keep taking those odd skimmers and stuff. You must have been very tempted at time to have a go under the boards, but you stuck at it. It's a pity there weren't more fish out there, but like Graham Whatmore said, he couldn't see any movement at all from carp. My few casts on the method didn't catch diddly, but I was on a boily, hardly the bait for skimmers is it?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Good write up Steve.

Interesting to read the Maestro's account of how he won. Mine was almost the opposite!

Very confident as I walked down to my peg (after two very useful visits and chats to the locals) but once I'd started, I proceeded to cock it up big time.

I was outgunned in the strong wind and was not skilled enough to fish the feeder or the waggler anywhere near as accurately as needed. I just went from bad to worse. Two suicidal skimmers finally hung themselves and one carp succeeded in throwing the hook and that was it.

I still enjoyed the day though and will definately fish Clattercote some more. In addition to the Carp, the Tench and Roach are very well worth it.

Looking at the photos, those top pegs were flat calm and sun bathing territory! Down the "tough end" we were wrapped up in several layers and battling against a hurricane (or so it felt).

Roll on next year.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well done to everyone...sounds like you all had a superb fish in again and some cracking fish were caught

Wish I could have joined you but the ferry back from france didn't have a turbo engine.

Graham
Well done on winning the trophy, NOWI finally know that the famous WALLET
looks like lol.

Wendy,

Some great tench, well done sis ;-)

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Just in case anybody is taking the time 'extension' seriously. The start and finish times were published in the Clattercote match arrangements thread and 'All in' was shouted down the line at the start and 'all out' was shouted at the end at 4.30pm (edit: sorry, 4pm). As for the whistle at 4pm it was maybe a match on the other bank.

Bitter, bitter, bitter, as someone with a rank ar*e is so fond of saying to me:)-)

Listen, Barney, it's not my fault you chose to blank with Wol instead of competing with the rest of us.

W

Wolfman Woody

4:30?

I feel cheated! Next year I'm bring you a whistle as well then! Or how about a distress flare? Or a bugle?

Or why not just get Barney to start and stop it with one of his rippers?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Listen, Barney, it's not my fault you chose to blank with Wol instead of competing with the rest of us."

OOOOoooooooooo

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Sorry, I did shout all out at 4pm and I did reel in at that time. Ask Steve Wilson who was pegged next to me.

Blame Barney and Wol for confusing me.