The Knotless Knot

B

Birds Nest

Ok folks yet another question from me (Let me know if I'm becoming a pain !!). I'm tinkering with hair rigs for the new season (behind the times again...) and the knotless knot looks a gem to use... I'm just a bot worried about the correct way to tie it, does it matter which side of the eye the line comes out of, and heads back up the reel line (if that makes sence ??. Also I'm assuming its ok to use without the hair ? And is it ok to use with fluo line and braid ?

Questions questions questions...

S

D

Dave Johnson

if you use the knot without a hair it is basically the same knot as you would use to tie a spade end. I use this knot for much of my barbel fishing when using hairs. On the Dove, this will mean a 6-8lb bottom in flouro and I make sure the line leaves through the back of the eye-the hook hangs straighter much as spade ends are tied.
Chub

C

Carp Angler

and I always make sure that the line comes out of the front of the eye, creating an in-built line aligner.

G

gary magee

Also once you`ve wound up the shank back to the hair I always put in a couple of winds after the hair so when you butt up to the eye it makes the hair sit prouder of the shank and stops the hair moving to the wrong side of the shank.

M

Malcolm Bason

When I first posted on here I did'nt know how to tie the knotless knot - and I ain't too proud to admit it!

Now, I don't wind so far up the shank of the hook, I now use a tiny piece of rubber tubing and slip over both the hair and the hook point and position it so the hair is presented how I want it!

S

Stewart Bloor

Birds Nest, I often use the knotless knot without a hair rig attached to it, as i like the knot and have confidence in it. And with fluoro and braid as well, so no problems there. To verify its reliability I've had a 12 and 10 lb carp this week on 10lb fluoro/knotless knot combination while floater fishing.

K

Kevan Farmer

Just out of interest. How many different variations of the knotless knot are there? I've seen about 3 - I think........

M

mike ashcroft

Referring back to the news from sunny Cornwall, and the match between Tms vOak.
What Paul Hancock forgot to mention is, that the Oak team have a swimming coach in their support party!!
Try and get him to tell!!

S

Steve Baker

Has anyone ever tied a slip knot instead of a loop at the end of the hair on the KK? as i can see this has many advantages (i think).