THE most outrageous ban ever?

G

Gary Knowles

The last post should say 'the' not 'thou' - don't know where that came from, I must be turning all religious !

G

Gerry Castles

Sorry Gary I directed my response at the original posting that started this thread....'the most outrageous ban ever'

R

Rodney Wrestt

Malc,
You said "It is only fishable in matches (from day 1) and he is present during the match."

Do you mean the entire venue is only and has always only been available to mach anglers?

M

MALC DOYLE

Rodney
Yes it's only been open about four years and since the first day it was only fishable in a match but you must also bear in mind that it is a small pool which is very tightly pegged and pegs are opposite each other.
It's got 40 pegs but if it was spaced out better it would only hold about 15 or 20 and i think the above may also be part of the reason for the ban on rod and line.

Personaly though i hate bans as such and prefere limits.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ahhh, now I feel I should apologize as I didn't realise the venue was match only. Although I agree with your oppinion about bans, I can see now that the ban wouldn't affect the people I was worried about (pleasure/occasional anglers), So now I see that the people who travel to the water would already be aware of the rules and everyone turning up would be willing to fish within the permited methods.

So once again I apologise for the missleading thread, and thank you all for posting your comments and thanks to Malc for correcting me.