Transferring images from slides

Steve King

This has probably been asked before, but as I'm too lazy to do a search (any anyway technology keeps changing!)

I have 6 or so cassette things full of slides that I'd like to transfer to my pc.

I'd like a good quality transfer, what are the options do you either do it yourself or send them off to a company?

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

I'm supprised you don't already have a scanner Jeff!!
I did have a HP with both negative and slide scanning facility, though only did one at once and was very slow. Had to upgrade after upgrading the PC to Vista.
I now have an Epson Perfection 4990 Photo. Great for negative and slide scanning. No additional plugin device either.

MarkTheSpark

Nice film scanner (MUCH better than a flatbed) now available at Maplins. Just look non the website for the stock situation before going to the shop

Steve King

Nice film scanner (MUCH better than a flatbed) now available at Maplins. Just look non the website for the stock situation before going to the shop
Thanks Mark. Just checked out Maplins website and it looks the biz and has good customer reviews.

MarkTheSpark

Just a swift post to let you know good ol' Aldi is doing a 5Mp film scanner on 29th for £39.99. I've had a couple of Aldi electronic devices and they've been fine. Their computers win awards each year.