Trent pollution!

S

Steve Boulton

After a recent large stocking of barbel,roach,dace,and chub yet again POLLUTION!.Ok this is a long way up near to it's source but come on 6000 gallons of deisel,Im no usualy outspoken but residue has been seen 25 miles downstream,mindless IDIOTS!.

N

Nigel Dalton

One of the problems with pollution is that a couple of minutes of dumping can take years for the environment to recover. Yet, what we usually see is that although the people responsible are pressed for prosecution, the authorities bringing about the severity of sentencing don't give enough of a deterrant to these ******* which makes it a calculated risk they're prepared to pay for. If they were fined hundreds of thousands rather than a couple of thousand then things might change.

S

Steve Boulton

I agree totaly nigel,I find myself seething every time this happens and full support to the ACA for there tireless work in rooting out these people.Ten pounds a year well spent.

B

Bar Barbus

Was thinking of fishing the Trent tomorrow.

This is the first I have heard of this incident - where was it and when exactly?

S

Steve Boulton

It was in the stoke on trent area and down as far as burton.Don't know if thats your area,it happened on thursday night.

B

Bar Barbus

Thanks, not in my area, but reports coming back say it is up and rising with all rain last night.

Decided to go to Meakins

D

Dave Johnson

35000 litres apparentley in Stone again. I t is only 5 months since the Cyanide spill in the T & M .........THE diesel was well on the surface and the river was rising rapidly, but it is still bad news....AGAIN