Video Clips

K

Kevan Farmer

The download worked fine for me. It has shown me where I am going wrong with my Wallis casting technique. I'm not too bad at this cast - self taught as well - but I have now realised that I have been pulling slightly too much line off the reel. In effect I have the reel spinning a bit too muc before time which means a tangle roughly every third cast. I have had to modify the way I Wallis cast due to my back problem - twisting = pain and lots of it.

What I would add is that you really need the line coming off the pin from the bottom of the reel to Wallis cast effectively. It probably can done with the line coming from the top but it would not be half as easy. Yes, Wallis casting is easy with a bit of practise, honestly.

Kevan

A

Alan Roe

Grrr Snarl I have tried every which way with this dammed thing but all I get is what I had before!!!

J

john conway

Graham, like Stuart all I get is some psychedelic graphics when I down load the clip?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I think it would be a great idea Graham, but if old lard-ass is gonna do any more, may I advise you get a wide angle lens on the go!

No doubt your'll be calling on me with help on streaming and encoding to suit all viewers and conection speeds huh?

A

Alan Roe

I have now tried it with real player as well as the windows media player without success.....Help

Stuart how do you know my bum is big??? Have you been peeking????? Naughty boy!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Alan when you download it does it start to play automaticly or do you open the player?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Dave (Chub) the video recording you were looking at was the pukka digital video version for Alan (when I get round to sorting it for him). The one on the site is an MPEG video taken with my digital still camera that doesn't record sound.

Alan, most people seem to be able to download and watch the video clip successfully. I suspect that those who are having problems have PC's that are low on memory and/or CPU speed.

You haven't let your lad near your PC have you?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Are the people with the viewing problems using a pc or a Mac, The strange thing is the request for a codec as the codec Alan recieved as this is a file which decodes audio or video within a program or viewer, the codec for decoding mpeg is standard within Media player upon instalation.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Can you make a sentance out of that????

I'll try to put that into Sane person talk this time.

Are the people with the viewing problems using a pc or a Mac, The strange thing is the request for a codec Alan recieved as this is a file which decodes audio or video within a program or viewer, the codec for decoding mpeg is standard within Media player upon instalation.

C

Carp Angler

Rodney,
there are over 40 different CODECs for all things AVI.
If you download the full version of Apple quicktime then most of the CODECs should be there.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Sorry, I thought it was in standard .mpg1 or 2 format, I have downloaded the clip and it played fine on my system. The point I was trying to make was that the clip didn't need any aditional codecs to play on my version of windows media player (version 7.01). However Alan and John were getting the visualisation on the video screen in media player. The fact there is the "ambience water" visualisation being displayed during playback means the file is working but the required codec isn't on the system. When the player requests the CODEC and installs it shouldn't the file work after it's done.