Video Clips

P

Paul Williams

Thats a pike Wend!.......now all i have do do is take you to catch one!

W

Wendy Perry

ah you got it then......lol Do you think Graham could maybe use it in the next caption competion Paul ........MMMM maybe not lol

A

Alan Roe

To return this thread back to a litte sanity I have e-mailed Graham to say that I am happy to do a clip of the Wallis cast

S

Stuart Bullard

Why can I not see this ?%$!^% clip ?? I have downloaded the software but all I get is sound and some graphics......

S

Stuart Bullard

Video box ?? Not sure, all I get is these weird rotating graphics!!

D

Dave Johnson

That would be a good one Alan, it is difficult to follow text instructions on Wallis casting.

followd by a Summer barbel bite......the ones where the butt knocks your teeth out (Brummy)

The big problem with quality vid clips is the download time for the average user if the file is over a minute in length.

I suppose we could have Brummy demonstrating quite a few things then......:eek:)

P

Paul Williams

Alan,
you call the Wallis sanity, when there are fixed spool reels about? ;)

K

Kevan Farmer

Stuart. Just a thought. What are your graphics set up as? i.e. how many colours etc, resolution.

A good video of Wallis casting is definitely a must. I can see what my errors are then. I know the basics but it's timing with me.

Kevan

C

Chris Bishop

What's a Wallis cast..?

~ Barnes Wallis..? Bouncing bomb kind of thing, useful in deep German reservoire to get bait to land at bottom of dam wall..?

~ Wallis and Grommit..? Ooh 'err Wendolene...

P

Paul Williams

Chris,
i think you have just come up with Alan's new nickname.....Grommit..haha!

C

Cakey

Graham good idea but does it have to be Rik,
if it does could you blurr his face ???

A

Alan Roe

Oi! brummie behave!!! I don't know these Birmingham City supporters....It's the lack of breeding I suppose...... ;-)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Here's the words, pictures and video clip of Alan Roe doing <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=testingsp&v=1&UAN=1774> 'The Wallis Cast'</A>.

D

Dave Johnson

excellent, but no sound came through?
I checked my system-everything appears to be OK?

A

Alan Roe

I can't get the dammed thing to play it dends a request for codec whatever that means then all I get is some thing called ambience water which I assume is meant to amuse me whilst wating for the code clearance.......

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Dave, it was a silent movie! Seriously, you won't get any sound because none was recorded.

Alan, click with the right mouse button on the link and then click on 'save target as.....', then download the mpeg to a location of your choice.

All you do then is start up Windows Movie Player and open the file.

D

Dave Johnson

when we played it at the fishery there was sound, I remember you farting in the background.....
what happened to the super dooper recording kit Alan was wearing then, or was that to prevent fart feedback on the video.....