walton pier ,so called open

keith healey

Reaction score
anyone considering fishing the walton pier open?well if i were you i wouldnt bother.youve got no chance.pegs are supposed to be drawn fairly but in my 3 experiances ,never have been.i think they put all the best pegs to one side & keep them for thier members.the best pegs are at the end of the pier nearly every one is occupied by a walton member with hardly any vacant(apart from those facing the lifeboat mooring(full of chains n ropes)while the other hundred or so pegs along the main drag are sparsely dotted with outsiders ..this in my opinion is a disgrace & a darnright ripoff of poor unsuspecting anglers that are expecting a fair chance,,shame on you walton tackle shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
yup i fished for "the metalites" (walton sea angling club )for years & i can confirm thats exactly wot they did & still do in fact
it is a shame, & this sort of behaviour should be reported to the NFSA
mind you i never complained about it at the time but i can see why your moaning...
?20 for bait ?20 for entry & pools
& you never stood a hope in hell without being a member..the whole point of advertising an open was to bump up the prize money for our members, it is as you say a closed contest,,fixed as it were by metalite tackle shop(walton pier sea angling club)iv only just logged on as a member despite visiting this site many times ,because the truth must be known

keith healey

Reaction score
thanks for that pete & it was obvious they do it to swell thier prize fund, you know i allways thought it was funny ,me turning up at the advertised time of the draw only to find the end of the pier allready full of walton members & not 1 walton member having drawn a peg anywhere else.its a shame we never had this chat a few weeks back cos iv just found out, theyve only just held their closedopen a few days ago and guess who got all the prizes! as well as the best pegs.
I THINK ILL BE WRITING TO THERE LOCAL RAG AS WELL AS THE NFSA TO OVERSEE THE DRAW IN FUTURE N I BET NEXT YEAR A FEW OUTSIDERS GET IN THE RUNNING