What To Do With Newbie Anglers?

redalert06

Reaction score
What does it matter what fish they catch, and where they catch them from, so long as they are fishing and enjoying it.

They can always learn to fish other techniques and other waters at a later date.

Is there a sequence of fishing proticol that everyone must follow (Stupid) You must start here ........ do not pass go, do not collect £200 <Der>

Fishing is bloody fishing, mind you catching fish does help.
the problem is after catching easy carp which put a bend in the rod that is all he wants to do, not inetersted in catching other fish or trying to catch from a river etc.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
You know what they say ............ If you can't beat them, join them.

If he's happy fishing for Carp, why would anyone want to drag him away from that, he'll soon want to catch other fish, it will just take him some time. :D

Tilman Bieselt

Reaction score
Well, in my opinion there really isn´t "THE" way to teach an aspiring angler.

It depends on the character, i guess. Success is great and i would even go to an easy trout pond to get the basics right. (setting the hook, fighting them, netting, etc.)

But i would make sure, that the guy (or girl) would know that that is not "real fishing" (those trout ponds).

If someone needs to stand or run around the pond all day, i would suggest lure-fishing.

I, for my part, also like quite a few types of fishing. I like to watch the float disappear.
I´ve started fly tying (and casting) this year and i´ve also had some success when i went for fresh stocked carp. I know that they are fairly easy to fool, but i have learnt to get the presentation right, because they are shy, when they rest under the surface for a little sunbath.

I think that the variety of fishing techniques and waters, where they are used, is what makes fishing so interesting and keeps it interesting, but there are some among us, who have just the one technique which means the world to them and that´s alright.

You can try to help someone find their own type of fishing, but the path is for them to tread.

Alright, just my 2 cents (sorry, pence)