What would you do

R

Ron Clay

Wendy if you live in Oldham, I suggest you look hard at the River Ribble. This river has some terrefic chub and barbel fishing especially in Winter.

I am sure any local tackle shop will help you with where to go.

D

Dave O'L

Wendy, if you do think about the Ribble, if you havn't already read them go back to the 1st few features on the site. Gary Knowles wrote some good articles about the Ribble.

A

Andy Nellist

Graham

The answer lies somewhere in the middle which is where I try to stay. I do tell people what I catch but I often delay in doing so to protect my own fishing from news chasers.

I can't see that me not reporting for example a 4lb 11oz Perch last year did that much harm. I owned up to catching it 2 months later and so all the people fishing the water are aware that it was caught.

W

Wendy Perry

Cheers yes i forgot about the river ribble and hey Ron i have just bought a paper which i didn't know was out called Angling Star and you are on the back page wow but listen to this the company that i work for RIM print the thing lol hahahahahh also saw Stew Bloor in it .

D

Dave O'L

That's funny Wendy, I thought that Ron was the page 3 regular.

K

Keith Miller

What did I do? Some years ago on the Shannon backwaters near Meelick I had what was probably my best catch ever. A dozen rudd, all over 3lb with the best 3lb 15oz, which at the time beat the Irish record. I had no witnesses and knew the hassle involved getting it ratified so decided not to bother. I took photographs which many have subsequently seen, but in deference to the gentleman who told me where to fish I was cagey about the precise venue. I had no inclination to send photos to the press as the thrill of catching such a fish was sufficient.

K

Kevan Farmer

Wendy. Stew' bloor gets his face everywhere, what do I see when I open the lates copy of 'Midland Angler' ....you guessed it, Mr bloor. Hey, this must mean he's good or something :)))))))

Just kidding Stewart.

Kevan

M

Mike Fidler

Kevan, oue Sedge is a proper fishing writer he gets published and everything...pity he can't catch fish! LOL:)

Wendy, my advice to you is to chat Barney up a bit, before you know it he'll have you on the banks of the Ribble (ooer) catching barbel.

W

Wendy Perry

Mike i think we should all have a fish-in at the ribble then i can get some of this red wine and chocolate pistachio's which i missed out on ( eddie and graham no sucking the choc off ) And you could all learn me a few tricks of the trade :eek:)

M

Mike Fidler

Wendy, you serously don't want to know the tricks these boys will teach you, how to Drink, eat, fart and belch to world class standards is not for a nice girl like you.

W

Wendy Perry

yep we sure are but i wish they would have taught me how to fish ! :eek:)

D

Dave O'L

What about continental girls?
The one Graham Norton had on his show had a talent which she had obviously learnt on the fishing bank, putting out freebie boilies at distance?????????

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Drennan cups/ego/silence is golden/hush hush/shall we or shant we/keep it quite/ dont tell so and so, Bo****ks to what others think, everyone to there own in my book. On one occasion i walked up to a chap fishing at Tring with a fish in the sack, "hows it going", he replied with, "Na nofing". But like i said, everyone to there own. Thought that was taking the P*** though.

A

Andy Nellist

Woz

SS I believe !

As you say each to his own it's a personal choice.

So what have you caught recently, from where and at what time..... lol

We all have reasons for keeping some things quiet, usually because it could screw up our fishing !!!!!

PS You owe me somne photos!!!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Caught this n that, here and there.
Those pics could be valuable, mainly due to the fact that your girlfriends got em floped out on full display, oh silly you, fancy giving me the wrong film!!!
AND like i said and i take it you agree, each to there own, but it can become quite sad.

A

Andy Nellist

Whoops!

But fairs fair! One good turn deserves another..... and any other phrase that implies a moral responsibility to return the photos!!!!!

Anyway it's got my 7-1 hybrid on them and I'd quite like to see how it turned out :eek:)

R

Ron Clay

Wendy,

I'm glad you have discovered Anging Star. It's produced by Sheffield Newspapers.

Why not have a try at writing an article for it. Something humorous maybe.

Send your piece to Jim Baxter, 24 Grange Avenue, Dronfield Woodhouse, Sheffield S18 8PH.

My regular piece is called "The Last Word" because that is what the editor normally let's me have - LOL!