Which Freespool reels

G

Garry Beesley

The bail arm mechanism on my Daiwa Regal X has just broken (could be repaired I guess - anyone know a good contact?) I have decided that I need a pair of free spool reels (too lazy to watch the rod tip!!) and 2 new rods. I generally do Bream and Tench fishing but usually use light weight carp rods for this. I don't want to spend a fortune but want value for money - all suggestions gratefully received!! I have looked at Okuma and also WMAC have deals on lots of "cheaper" reels but not sure of the quality.

Paul B

Reaction score
I have Okuma interceptor baitfeeders in 40&60 sizes; excellent for the money(?25-30).

G

Garry Beesley

Paul,

Thanks for the that - It's nice to hear some first hand views on tackle. I am always tempted by Okuma but wondered about the low price tag.
Cheers.

arenaman

Reaction score
Garry,if you look about you can get a good deal on okuma epixs or epix pro reels,a friend of mine has used these for 2/3yrs now and they are still sound, i think theyre guarenteed aswell

G

Garry Beesley

Arenaman,

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look around and see what sort of prices are being offered. Are they relatively small/light reels do you know?

arenaman

Reaction score
Garry, they look identical to the interceptors,in sizes 30-40-50-65,if you look on ebay in the fishing section you can get some good deals on new and s/hand ones