Any famous people here?

Philip

Reaction score
I've done all of those......except for the fish, but then again my waters didn't hold them to that size, but i did ok.

Why should he pay for his maggots?..........because he CHOSE to do it!

Sad tqat!.........just like me!

Well yes, exactly.

Fact is the majority of posters on here could sit out all night in the middle of February on an elevated bank getting frostbite if they really wanted.

Sounds like a case of mixing up angling skill with belligerent endurance and then trying to convince people its skilful in order to get some free bait. :wh

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Berty

Well yes, exactly.

Fact is the majority of posters on here could sit out all night in the middle of February on an elevated bank getting frostbite if they really wanted.

Sounds like a case of mixing up angling skill with belligerent endurance and then trying to convince people its skilful in order to get some free bait. :wh

Yep................................................

Bluenose

Reaction score
Have edited a few posts for language....

....can we remember to use asterisks please lads?

Reaction score
Does Tommy Steel post on here?

He was on the radio today. I keen angler apparently. But big game.

He enjoys fishing for marlin and sailfish in the gulf of Mexico. He's a big supporter of tagging them and putting them back....unlike that Robson Greene bloke.

Ooh, the famous angling politician Martin Salter posts on here occasionally.

I hope we are answering the original posters questions here. We're you hoping for Roger Daltry and Chris Tarent?

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Have edited a few posts for language....

....can we remember to use asterisks please lads?

Who the **** was swearing? Doesn't the auto-mod thingy sort out the ****ing swear words?

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Mungefuddling jozzwibbler....

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Nufty frotting

Cheese nibbler

Labialisation

Bellendebating

Furry frappage

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Undercarriage bean clipping

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Paul Boote is famous , in angling circles , and infamous on the net , very interesting poster too better than this load of old b****** anyway.

Crisps anyone ?

Reaction score
I forgot about Sean Meeghan. In his youth he was the Milky Bar Kid in the adverts on telly.

And more recently, although he had to wear a wig, Mr Miyagi in Karate Kid

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Tried that but no results. Can't be famous then!

no you didn't really google him , Ron Frankly famous match angler in the fifties , won a lot of matches in Ireland , perfected a type of polaris float for use on rivers.

The bad one

Reaction score
you can measure how famous an angler is - google them , if the first post that comes up is fishing magic then they aint famous.
Er but if their angling fame was forged before this internet thingy? By real writing in a magazine Dr Google wouldn't know that would he? Unless it's been mentioned or converted to this internet thingy.

Our own Monky is a case in point, not only famous for his bedding exploits but famous in the printed word many many times. So many that he even recycled his own pieces many times over.

But Dr Google says he famous only on FM.