Any famous people here?

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The ones who make me laugh are those serial self publicists who have done very little other than copy and publicise other peoples achievements and even court fame by association. You know the ones I mean...they usually have blogs and can often be heard saying things like, "Oh yes, I was there when xyz caught the abc record you know".

Edit: Actually I've just thought of two such people who do post on here and are probably tearing their hair out at the thought that this thread has run to 9 pages without them getting a name check.

Last edited:

nicepix

Reaction score
The ones who make me laugh are those serial self publicists who have done very little other than copy and publicise other peoples achievements and even court fame by association. You know the ones I mean...they usually have blogs and can often be heard saying things like, "Oh yes, I was there when xyz caught the abc record you know".

Edit: Actually I've just thought of two such people who do post on here and are probably tearing their hair out at the thought that this thread has run to 9 pages without them getting a name check.

It amuses me that two who have been named wouldn't be known by anyone, their minor achievments having been destined to history thirty years ago, but for their own relentless self flagellation.

stuart mitchell

Reaction score
yep.......make that 6......fame is a concept perceived.. and applied to others...by a person/persons...usualy with lowish self esteem....seeking to elevate others to a higher social standing.....there is no such thing..as a famous angler....there is no such thing as fame...it only exists in the mind of those seeking to apply it to others!!!!

stuart mitchell

Reaction score
damnation batman!!....i've been rumbled.!

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

sincere appologies to all....no offence meant to anyone........i do talk a load of bollox sometimes.......think i may be havin a mid life crisis......the first sign of which is synisism....and the longing for a 26yr old brunnette.......who owns an aston!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
It appears we have a Paul Greenacre on here, sometimes. He posts more films he's made than John Wilson so he must be famous. John Wilson never posts on here so he can't be famous.

What are the rules on fame?

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Its a pity that David Icke isnt on here though. I thought the colour scheme on FM was close enough to turquoise to attract him and i am sure if we understood how Saturn's rings send telepathic messages to the fish we are trying to catch we could interrupt their programming and catch more.

nicepix

Reaction score
damnation batman!!....i've been rumbled.!

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

sincere appologies to all....no offence meant to anyone........i do talk a load of bollox sometimes.......think i may be havin a mid life crisis......the first sign of which is synisism....and the longing for a 26yr old brunnette.......who owns an aston!

Is the second sign a severe deterioration in spelling and grammar? :eek:mg: