Keith Culley Memorial Match 2010 - 17th April 2010

Morespiders

Reaction score
Keep an eye on Spiders at the weigh-in!

If the match finishes at 4.30pm he'll try to blagg a 16.5lb head start on you all, his 'time' scales work on 24 hours!!! :eek:

Its all in hand Spiller, slight of hand, as long as that Scotts not next to me, Ive won, Dexters reigns over:D

S

Scott Whatmore

you cheeky beggar spiders. I only watch to see you catch a fish.

3 fish-ins now and the only time your hands got wet was when you sneezed. :D

Reaction score
Nigel,

Thanks for organising another brilliant Memorial match; I had a superb day despite lacking fish.

At least I got to sit next to Steve and get a masterclass in the crazy world of the sinking bagging waggler; it is nothing short of a revelation in these small deep reservoirs!

Jeff,

I've emailed you some pics for the write-up

See you all at Graham's Mega-Do or next year at Clattercote when I shall mostly be winning! LOL! :wh:)

Last edited:
S

Scott Whatmore

Thanks very much for all your efforts for yesterday Nigel. Marvellous day once again.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Yes, thanks Nigel. Splendid do, those that didn't go will never know what they didn't miss eh?

Smashing weather, but my nose feels like it's been baking over that Icelandic volcano today.

Well done the winner of the match and winners of the tackle. I won't say who yet, it's a secret until the write-up's done.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I only dropped in to say hello, still suffering from bloody sunburn - Last thing to expect at this event!

J K

Reaction score
Thanks Nigel for a great day even though I didn't catch. It was great to meet a few more of FM's regulars and put faces to names.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Thanks Nigel, another well run day, the old people need ushering around, you do it with style, and compassion:D

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I, along with a lot of others, doubted the wisdom of fishing Clattercote so early given our normal weather conditions but what did we get? A beautiful summers day, sunbathing weather really as Andy Nellist proved by fishing the match topless (he ain't half got a pair of boobs you know) thus frightening all the fish out of his peg so he fished my swim for most of the match. ;)

I love these fish ins and though I arrived home completely and utterly knackered and it took me all day yesterday to get my aching limbs working again, I enjoyed every last minute of it. My touring car class motorised tackle carrier worked a treat and there were a few envious looks from other anglers struggling along the boards but they wouldn't admit it on here.

Well done Nigel, you came up trumps yet again.

J K

Reaction score
My touring car class motorised tackle carrier worked a treat and there were a few envious looks from other anglers struggling along the boards but they wouldn't admit it on here.

Walking back along the boards following you was fine Graham but the way you accelerated up the steep bit back to the car park and left me trailing behind and I don't mind admitting I was envious and I thought I was much fitter these days. :j :(

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Organised with the usual class and efficiency - thanks Nigel!

Weather was brilliant, surrounded by good friends, fishing was hard but very enjoyable.

And I didn't have to buy any drinks or even get the wallet out and so maintained my enviable reputation for being tighter than a crab's bum.:D

So that deserves yet another ............. :D

Morespiders

Reaction score
I hate to bust a myth, but i had hold of his wallet at one stage early morning, and must admit it was decidedly thin.
Thinner still after he bought me a Costa Coffee at Hilton Park services, he had to wipe hids eyes with the tissue you get with them, I felt sorry for him.

Marsden, you left your fleece blanket in the car that you use for round your legs to keep you warm, will give it to Miss Cratchett when i see her on wednesday night

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I've got a couple of photos from the pub I can send in. I'll do it tonight when I get back from work.

Didn't manage to even out my 'tan' on Sunday, so I still have a nice go-faster stripe near my right ear where my sunglasses were.

It was a fantastic day out as usual, cheers to Nigel and FM.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Marsden, you left your fleece blanket in the car that you use for round your legs to keep you warm, will give it to Miss Cratchett when i see her on wednesday night

OK, thanks, and don't forget to give her your off-white, p*ss-stained John Travolta kecks after the dance championship you won again on Saturday night, even though you were knackered.