Keith Culley Memorial Match 2010 - 17th April 2010

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Guys for the happy few who are attending on Saturday, a recap of the details

The official draw time for the match on the Clattercote car park is 9:00(no later/no sooner Jeff!)

The start time for the match is 10:15(brought forward a bit as there is not too many Fishing)

Finish time 16:15

Presentation and refreshments in the pub at 17:00 onwards(Any know if Stuart is handing back the trophy??)

Details of the fishery + directions http://http://www.fisheries.co.uk/clattercote/index.htm

FISHERY RULES (Verbatim from the Clattercote Match Booking Form)

Two keepnets are required, one for carp and tench, one for silver fish (or one for carp and one for tench if not targeting silver fish)

Weigh-in mats will be provided by the 'on-site' bailiff together with instructions on weigh-in procedure

Nets must be staked out properly

When weighing-in please avoid damage to fish

NEVER place fish on platforms or boards

Barbless hooks only - maximum hook size 8

No braid is permitted as hooklength

All carp and tench must be land-netted. No swinging to hand

Waders will be needed when fishing later on in the year (ie, low water levels)

BREAKFAST will be in the Brasenose Arms in Cropredy from at 745.

If you are coming down the A423 from Southam then take the first left off the A423 after the Clattercote turning towards Cropredy and turn right at the bottom of the road at a T junction and then follow the road into Cropredy until you see the pub on your right.

If you are approaching from Banbury turn right at a sign I think for Great Bourton and Cropredy.Go through Great Bourton and follow the road into Cropredy.Bear left at the bottom and the pub will be on your left.

If anyone gets lost/has an emergency ring me 07818 232529

PRESENTATION ARRANGEMENTS

Same place from 17.00 ish after the match.Sausage and Chip nibbles.

Morespiders

Reaction score
If i get pegged next to Scott Whatmore this time, there will have to be an investigation, as to what scullduggerys going on, all he does all day is watch me in case im cheating, most unerving:D

Windy

Reaction score
Can't remember if I am confusing this venue with Gold Valley, they don't have some restriction to using just their own pellets or summat ? And is there a tackle shop ?

Cheers and see you all tomorrow. For however long I manage to stay awake :eek: Six hours of it, sheesh.

In passing, in a display of lack of confidence in my abilities to resist sleep the other half has bought me a pack away emergency protective silver foil tent to sleep in if it gets cold and windy. Matches the silver foil hat...

Steve King

Reaction score
I don't think there are any restrictions on using your own pellets. There is no tackle shop on site, but there is one in Banbury.

The bailiff does flog baggin' wagglers complete with mini boilies though!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't remember if I am confusing this venue with Gold Valley, they don't have some restriction to using just their own pellets or summat ? And is there a tackle shop ?

Windy,

1. It is Gold Valley that restricts anglers to using pellet from their shop.

2. There is no tackle shop at Clattercote - make sure you have everything you need, or else just bum stuff off of GM and Woody (they have everything you'll ever need . . . . )

Hope this helps.

You can all think of me slaving away in my office in Paris on Saturday as I cannot get home, thanks to a few bits of ash floating around in the atmosphere!

Tight lines to one and all for the match, although for fishing in the Close Season you'll all probably be going to hell . . . . . . . . .

[insert U-No-Wot > > > > HERE]

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Oy, I've just spent £16 in out local shop on some groundbait, feeders, and two, COUNT THEM 2, dozen maggots, 12 red 12 white.

Though you might like that Peter as they're your favourite football teams colours.

Red and White for the Gunners, quite right.

I'm not sure how to tell you this Jeff, but all the Carp at Clattercote are usually caught on . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bronze magott . . . . . . . . . .

Windy

Reaction score
PS. I hope we're going to hold the draw for the carp barrow before the match, not at the end, as I need to win in order to be sure that I can make it to my peg !

J K

Reaction score
Tight lines to one and all for the match, although for fishing in the Close Season you'll all probably be going to hell . . . . . . . . .

Been there so no worries......................and just for you Peter

Insert daft smiley thing >>>>>>>> here

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
PS. I hope we're going to hold the draw for the carp barrow before the match, not at the end, as I need to win in order to be sure that I can make it to my peg !
I believe Murzdimm's hiring out his electric cart for £30 a trip. :D

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

BEEN MARRIED 3 TIMES, pure Hell! lol
And you too have fished Clattercote in the CS before now! Devil's got you well on his list.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Oy, I've just spent £16 in out local shop on some groundbait, feeders, and two, COUNT THEM 2, dozen maggots, 12 red 12 white.

Though you might like that Peter as they're your favourite football teams colours.

Thats you b******d then Windy, no silverware for you either.

I hope the weather is kinder to you than it has been in previous years, and more importantly I hope you all have a great day out.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Good luck guys, hope you all have a great time, gutted I can't make it :(

If the carp aint having it the roach might oblige. If the wind is blowing get on the pole. Slime had some lovely redfins on the pole last time, I couldn't achieve the same presentation as him on the wag, although Muffin did rather well. You might get some clonkers at this time of year :wh

Get some good pics too, especially of that bloke who catches carp on the pin..................the one with tourettes :D;)

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Have a great trip. I wish I was coming too but work gets in the way every weekend :-( Next time fix up a mid-week trip, for the old codgers and pensioners. And me!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Keep an eye on Spiders at the weigh-in!

If the match finishes at 4.30pm he'll try to blagg a 16.5lb head start on you all, his 'time' scales work on 24 hours!!! :eek: