a few course fishing questions ...

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
just to voice my view , some of us are not as good as other with spelling and punctuation . English was one of my weaker subjects at school and after leaving school i went to college to train to be a mechanic . But since then i do not write a great deal or proof read and such like . I just get by and im sure most know what i mean ?

I do not feel there was any need to pick holes in a little spelling mistake . If i see a spelling mistake i do not pick holes with it .

Sorry if this has rattled your cage just voicing my mind .

thanks

Matt, no one was saying anything about to do with " your " spelling, to be honest I've never really found this an issue fella :)

One or two if us was more so having words over the fact that a fella comes onto the thread from out if the blue and mentions about spelling within certain words :confused:
This had absolutely nothing to do with the thread in question and is why it was mentioned apon

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Not aiming it at everyone one just seemed someone was being a bit pedantic . Most on here are very helpful and have a good laugh Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
Matt we all have our good points, strong suits or natural talents whichever you prefer, and the object of this forum is to provide help and guidance as well as opportunities to discuss fishing with a wide selection of fellow anglers.

I regularly make spelling errors but that is largely down to an inability to type or predictive text. I will point out on occasion a spelling error particularly when it is repeated and does not appear to be merely a typo. That is how we learn and none of us have reached the point where do not need to do so. Your language abilities can only improve if mistakes are pointed out and noted.

The forum is an excellent one for all manner of communication and if you or I enjoy the participation and banter we may as well spell properly;)

I doubt I would have had the temerity to take someone to task for a spelling error on my 14th post however! :rolleyes:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Same opinion as me mike I have always said don't like me or something I do get on your bike ! Or other words to that effect ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk