ACES vs CHAVS MK2 ??

C

Cakey

Ive had loads of carp on soaked pasta shells as it happens ................mmmmm ideas now

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Right then, here's the first attempt at deciding the teams!

The dividing line is "about 50ish" and based on the last event and my somewhat limited knowledge of the assembled cast. Apologies to anyone I've insulted. Contact me by PM if required!

The Aces
Neil M.
Graham M.
John H.
Peter J.
Cakey
Mark W.
David B.
Graham W.
Ray C.
Les C.
Colin N.
Sue N.
Mithrandir

The Chavs
Evan
Bryan B.
Paul H.
Scott W.
Claudia
Speci-hunter
Wendy
Steve L.
Mark H.
Posh Paul
Matty C.
Wayne N.
Nigel L.

I'm sure there will be much amendment before the day arrives!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Les

A nice bright yellow one will do....and geez leave all that bait at home....we are talking small (ish) carp, not monsters of 30-50lber lol.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Looked at the fishery website. Loadsa "bans and not allowed" in place.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
It's not that bad (should have seen the list a couple of years ago!).

The main one that seems to "upset" some people is "feeding fishery pellets only"(which must be bought from the onsite shop). This is very common around this part of the world and I can assure you the fish love them on the hook as well.

As for limiting quantities, I've never fed anywhere near the limits quoted. Those pellets + hemp + maybe a little g/bait is all that's really required.

Nippi

Reaction score
Neil, any chance of you clarifying the rules before the match date?

Am I correct in assuming the fishery pellets can be bought in advance and not just on the day?

Also the rules state 1 small tub of hooker pellets. Do these also have to be fishery pellets or can you use other brands ie. Sonu Baits as they are just for the hook only?

Match rules state 80lb max per keepnet and yet you say in your article that you were disqualified for having more than 50lb in your net! Purely hypothetical (especially for 'Plug' Lawson as he has never even seen 30lb let alone 80lb) but which is correct?

Finally, Ray. "Us ACES are going to kick butt, big time". Dream on fella; CHAVS all the way. We are just so talented and classy that it's almost too embarrassing to call it a match!! While you oldies are having that afternoon nap we will be bagging BIG TIME lol!!

See you all on the day; can't wait!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
The on-site shop carries a very wide range of pellets/boilies/baits that can be used on the hook (the Sonu range work well!). It's only the feed pellets that must be the "fishery brand" and can be bought there as well. They come in large bags of 2ml, 4ml, 6ml, 8ml & 11ml (possibbly bigger but I've not used them). I'm told these feed pellets contain antibiotics (the concentration can be altered within batches), whether that's true or not, they certainly work extremely well as feed and not just at GV either.

It is 80lb maximum per net. Also "silvers" should be in a separate net. That probably won't concern any of The Chavs but just in case, my recent 121lb weight was split between 3 nets - 12 carp in each of the first two averaged around 50lb per net. In any event, for our "match" we're all quite happy for fish to be weighed and returned as you go along (the Chav in the next peg will do the weighing as they won't be doing much else!).

(My article was based on fact and "almost true"!)

Nippi

Reaction score
"Almost true" lol. The very same Neil I knew nearly 20 years ago!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Look out! Captain Perry is out and about!!

:eek:)

Good luck for the proper match on the Avon Wendy.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cheers Neil, i'm really looking forward to it now :)

I might even take this one serious too ;)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Les bring it on hahaha. It'll be great to meet ya at last! I'm staying over the night before but not on the night of the match. Anyway Les i'd have thought you were in the under 50's ;)