ACES vs CHAVS MK2 ??

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
There will be plenty of Match Scales (up to 60lb) with weigh nets and tripods. No problem about weighing and returning fish, just remember to record the weight somewhere!

Assuming the weather is half decent, there will be a very good chance of carp into low/mid double figures. There are a couple of 20's in there but the biggest I've seen from Syndicate is around 18lb.

On the subject of keepnets, it's preferable to have two (Silvers & Carp). Gold Valley have plenty available for a small refundable deposit and I can bring a couple of of spares. If anyone else has a few spares please bring them.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Keepnets Les,

Do you think we are going to catch? I hope we do. I think we are the new kids on GV from FM, ok big old kids. Your rod and reel are ready.

Best get a couple of nets myself

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Where have I heard all that before??!! "New kids", "Do you think we are going to catch" - Who are you trying to kid??!

:0)

Last week I had 4 nets in use (that's a first for me!). OK, so one only had a 6oz skimmer in it and the 2nd had 5 carp for 40lb but I was running out of bank space and they were "infringing" on my margin swim!

Have a read of this, it's almost true!

Match Fishing! Who Needs It?

Reaction score
Hi Ray , Catch ? Don`t know mate but it will be a laugh , i go to the fish- in`s mainly to meet people and a socail ,if i catch well thats a bonus but i must admit that this one will be a eye opener .
The worst that can happen is a blank which i am getting quite used to :):)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Les,

I am going to meet people and have a laugh, the fishing is going to be fun. Might have to book a B&B so i can have a few beers with our winnings Les.

You've heard of Dynamite Baits, well i have the Dynamite, must remember the fuse and some matches.

Neil,

Me kidding? looking forward to meeting you all

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Not that I know too much about these fancy fangled carp type tactics but.....

A few times this year, I've had the carp coming quite nicely to small open ended feeder tactics (with pellets and fishmeal g/bait)and then switched to bags. In winter, very small PVA bags with pellets were very successful (approx a dozen pellets), so I've tried bigger bags with pellet/gbait and they've definately scored at a higher rate than the feeder. Now, not to get too technical, but I reckon the rate of decent for the bags is slower than the feeder and I've had far more carp "on the drop" than before! I'm sure that's not how the bags are supposed to work but when the carp are "'avin it", it works very well.

Today, I fished a match and had pre-decided to mess about and see what happens. I finished 2nd with 48lb! At one stage I used a tiny PVA bag filled with pellet and 5 11ml pellets (yes FIVE) on a hair which produced a carp of 7lb first chuck out! (didn't work again though!)

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Chris

How about we put a little piny on Les and make him serve the coffee and tea for everybody?....Oh and Les...don't forget the chocci bikkis ;-)

James,

Just watch out nobody is going to stick one of those up your rear end lol....you could end up with constipation ;-)