Anglers Mail and Fishingmagic

R

Rob Brownfield

Hey...i used to get my hair cut by John Wilsons brother...Dave..in Waltham Abbey...magic angler and always full of advice!!

C

Chris Bishop

**** Walker said something pretty spot-on. (paraphrasing the old boy terribly, bless 'im...)

"Old so-and-so's the best angler I know. He doesn't catch the most fish but he always seems to enjoy it whatever happens...."

R

Ron Clay

Again, another great truth Chris.

Old **** reconed that any fish that needed a landing net was worth catching

R

Rodney Wrestt

Steve,
And yet if an established angler catches the same record fish it is put down to skill, experience, tackle, rig, bait and cash for an exclusive.

M

Mike Fidler

Bllody good thread guys, enjoyed reading it from start to finish. I had to have a laugh today at work, one of the lads still buys the AM and showed me a piece written about John Cadd's latest 7lb chub. This time he'd got numerous people to witness the fish in the faint hope of silencing his critics. Well he deserved the critisism in the first place but the only place i can remember seeing any was on this website. We have more people sitting up and taking notice of what we say and do than you think.

P.S.
I should expect a personal mail from that Great fishing superstar Paul Williams any day now, Wendy....LOL

N

Neil Wayte

Ron what has the British Carp Study Group got to do with Adams mill Barbel.
Rob does John Wilsons brother still cut hair in Waltham Abbey cos if he does I'll get my beard trimmed because after last weeks attempt to catch Chub up there I need HELP

S

Steve Burke

Rodney, an experienced angler is as likely to catch a record by luck as a novice. But, additionally, he's even more likely to catch it by skill. Thus his total chances are much greater.

However, I know what you mean. The holder of a record fish isn't necessarily the best angler. IMO, that would be someone who consistently catches very big fish of that species from a variety of waters.

Having said that, there are a lot of very good unknown anglers out there. The reason that no one has heard of them is either they don't publicise their catches or they don't write articles.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Steve,
Yes that's it in a nutshell, people like yourself, C.A., Graham and many others here on F.M. are consistent catchers of big fish. I'll bet that more big fish are caught and released without publicity than are publicised. I don't think there's anything wrong with publicising a P.B. or larger than average catch, however I do feel that the press put more emphasis on the size of a fish rather than the venue that fish came from, the stock of the species in that venue, the average size of the species from that venue the conditions under which it was caught and give merit on each capture as is deserved, as Ron said an angler who catches consistently from a variety of venues (even when the specimens in that venue are not anywhere near the size of fish in Kickles or Adam's Mill) is (IMO as well Ron) a better angler than the privileged few who get invited to the in form venues for a stab at instant fame.

P

Paul Williams

Mike,
I'm getting a little worried about "Wendy".......someone reckons "she" is Hatt Mayes in drag!!!......and i offered to manipulate "her" legs!! urgh!!!!!!

W

Wendy Perry

Hehehehehe Paul you silly bugger who reckons i'm hatt mayes :)

S

Stewart Bloor

Neil, Ron is referring to the new barbel group that recently started, it is as he writes BSCG, as opposed to the BCSG.

I'm I'm correct, it stands for Barbel Study Conservation Group? I can't be sure of the details, but I'm certain that's what Ron is referring to.

N

Neil Wayte

I think I had better get Santa to bring me some glasses.Cheers Stuart.I must be getting old,can't read little letters any more.

S

Stewart Bloor

Neil, don't bother with the glasses...just keep drinking straight from the bottle....you don't waste time pouring the stuff out...

R

Ron Clay

By the way has anyone noticed, Neil is the spitten image of ObL.

W

Wendy Perry

yes i did ron hehehehhe i thought i'd found him when i first saw neil lol

N

Neil Wayte

You lot should hear the stick I'm getting at work on the building sites.