Anyone tried peas.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I sometimes used to see roach and bream on fish mongers slabs in France.

Boltom market has hundreds of specimen roach, bream etc on it's fish mongers slabs....the place reminds me of a chinease wet market!

After a couple of days shooting up north we used to take on average 500 or more rabbits, thirty or forty blue/white mountain hares, forty of fifty pheasants, forty or fifty ducks and the occassional deer straight to the market and the butchers woukd be racing out to get to us first to buy tit all from us. Many of the rabbits were smashed with shot and the meat was badly bruised but they stil wanted em! Who ate them all i've no idea.

steve2

Reaction score
Boltom market has hundreds of specimen roach, bream etc on it's fish mongers slabs....the place reminds me of a chinease wet market!

After a couple of days shooting up north we used to take on average 500 or more rabbits, thirty or forty blue/white mountain hares, forty of fifty pheasants, forty or fifty ducks and the occassional deer straight to the market and the butchers woukd be racing out to get to us first to buy tit all from us. Many of the rabbits were smashed with shot and the meat was badly bruised but they stil wanted em! Who ate them all i've no idea.

I use to buy roach for deadbait from a market stall in Whitechapel years ago, they were imported from Holland.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I tried peas, bread, red robin pellets and a couple of bits of fruit loaf today. The fruit loaf did not stay on the hook well, the red robin pellets not a snitch, some nibbles on the bread and some interest in the peas, the float wobbled a few times. Did not seem like much was feeding, it will be more interesting to see how the peas do when the fish are more active but so far, not a dead duck.