Barbel in Nets

J

john ledger

By the way it was caught on a 48 day night epic but alas lost some weight for the photo

T

Tony Rocca

I think Bob would let you John so thats ok, you could even weigh it and call it a 3 if you borrowed his net.

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Here we go again!

Does it matter who he's talking to Chris since you and Tony are supposedly the same person!

He He He!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Chris and Tony - I know don't get on with Bob - fair enough and I understand why.

But, what Bob and I saw at Collingham proves there is a problem with Barbel anglers and non-Barbel anglers and their handling of Barbel.

What do 'we' all want to do about it?

E

EC

Education, education, education.

Not 'lets ban all barbel in keepnets' as has been spouted here regularly.

T

Tony Rocca

Eddie, who said that on here then?

Education is of course the way.

Matt, stuff is being done, just not by Bob, he thought "f*ck it".

Im for a cream puff Fred.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bob/Matt.
If barbelling has become boreing for you, on what grounds do you think you have the right to interfere with what anybody else does?
(Not that I entiely disagree with you).

J

john ledger

Likes a bit of sausage our Fred with his jellied eels.No im not talking about that sort of sausage im on about the stuff you eat.Honest you blokes have minds like sewers

F

Fred Bonney

John Ledger that's the last time I'm telling you my secrets.
Mind you, you can't beat a good hot one. ;0)
Well, some may do, ooer missus.

J

john ledger

Like a bit of black pudding myself Fred with the skin off of course

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Baz, I didn't respond to Bob's mention of Barbel fishing being boring because I hoped we'd all continue talking about the issues.

I'm not bored with Barbel fishing. I am bored with fishing at Collingham, chucking some feed in, baiting for the Barbel to turn up and the rod to hoop over.

I want to catch Barbel from different rivers (did that only last week) and in different ways. I want to catch other fish too, but I know for sure I will enjoy more Carbelling on the Trent in future. I'm just Barbelled out at the moment.

I have the Perch and Roach horn on at the moment!

T

Tony Rocca

So its just Bob thats an ex barbel angler then, welcome back Matt ;)

C

Chris Pearson

Matt,
Don't mind discussing the issues but only with the people that really matter.
It's not the barbel, it's the company that's important. ;-)

The high ups at the BS have been on,apparently B2B's isn't really that heavy lads so in future apparently, for legal reasons we can't refer to him as The Fat Contoller from now on it's got to be The Big Controller.

John,what's wrong with the skin,you must be buying the cheap stuff,skins the best bit.