Barbel in Nets

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Chris, the people that matter are surely though who catch Barbel - especially those that aren't knowledgeable or experienced at handling them?

I'm sure there's more than one or two of them on here.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Sorry, that should have said;

Chris, the people that matter are surely those who catch Barbel - especially those that aren't knowledgeable or experienced at handling them?

I'm sure there's more than one or two of them on here.

T

Tony Rocca

Ok then Matt.

All you out there who dont know how to handle barbel properly, just nip over to the BS site and read the handling code.

There you go easy peasy.

T

Tony Rocca

Anyone see that bloke go up that 1200ft rock face on Top Gear last night?

He was like Spider Man, awsome.

C

Chris Pearson

Nope missed the one going up Tone but saw the one coming down,reminded me of the day when Georgina did it in the Alps this summer,she jumped off at 1650 metres I raced her down in the car but she beat me by minutes.

F

Fred Bonney

Well then,after you've all been to have a look,at the Barbel Societies handling code.Let's start a separate post and put together a sensible view.
One that's not put forward with an ulterior motive.

C

Chris Pearson

Fred,
Rule number 1,take some binoculars and if you see someone on the opposite bank covered from head to foot in Daiwa badges with a bright white circular glow just above his head, just fish for chub.

B

Big Swordsy :O)

As self appointed King of the carbellers I will never tire of barbel but next year I am doing some float fishing....I am removing the car from the bar for a bit!

Just to get mi horn back!

:O)

B

Big Swordsy :O)

I was watching a young lad at clifton this year long trotting with a big topper float and feeding maggots from a bait apron every chuck and he was having it big time, nothing massive but he was really fishing. I need to do that.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Here's an extract from an email I sent to Steve Pope on Friday 18th November (ie: prior to posting the said article)....

"Even so (Steve), you watch the reaction. Do I need to mention the names, Rocca, Pearson and Bonney? And what do they have in common? Is it the wider interest of barbel care? No. It?s the self preservation society and it?s a significant factor in my considerations as to whether I feel the Society is worth remaining a member of though not the full reason."

Well guys, good Barbel Society members one and all, you've done me proud with your inanities and deliberate attempts to stifle reasoned debate. Your juvenile comments will deter any right minded FM member from posting on this thread and would make many think twice about joining the Society.

It appears to me that your interest in barbel welfare is merely a pretense.

C

Chris Pearson

I wonder if there's a Zander Society that you can go and harass now that thankfully we won't have to put up with your incoherent barbel rants any more.
We do want a reasoned debate just not with you trying to run the show and pulling everyone concerned to pieces.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Bob, in Fred's (Bonney) defence he has started another thread about Barbel Handling and is being quite objective.

Chris, what do you want to achieve here? You've posted a few replies where you're sniping back at Bob but not so many discussing the issues raised. You're better than that.

Are you happy with the way things are or do you see room for improvement?

F

Fred Bonney

"it?s a significant factor in my considerations as to whether I feel the Society is worth remaining a member of though not the full reason."
Rattled by 3 people out of 1500,come on Bob,
find another excuse,like...they won't play with MY ball so I'm taking it away.

C

Chris Pearson

Hi Matt,
What am I trying to achieve here,on this thread, I just think if Bob has a problem with the committee of the BS he should address that with them either on the BS board or in private.
It's up to them IMHO whether they want to modify their Handling Code to make it a bit more, shall we say, realistic.
However as you can see from the other thread started by Fred and now supported by Graham I really do see an opportunity to reach a much wider(on-line)audience and therefore hopefully reduce the incidents as seen by you at Collingham.

As to my sniping,it's only ever done once fired at,never been one for pre-emptive strikes!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Chris, I wish both Bob and yourself would let it go. Anyway, I'm glad to see we can have a debate about what's really important.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Fred, silly me, I didn't realise that your thinking (and that of your two mates) is at odds with the other 1500(?????) members.

Perhaps I've got it wrong. The other 1497 members are okay, it's just the three ****heads then.

Might rejoin in that case!

For the record, my decision not to rejoin the Society was told in confidence to one official. It has been blabbed widely and misconstrued since but it's easier to go with the flow on this one than to correct every comment.

Further to the record, I never joined the Society in the first place. I was given, without asking, a membership presumably in recognition of the support I gave freely and the many hundreds of pounds I raised for them without ever asking for so much as my expenses.

The ONLY society that I have made myself a member of is the ACA, of which I am a life member.