Carp Anglers

R

Ron Clay

Paul, I left SA with a heavy heart. It was for a business reason which looked good at the time.

I'm not so sure now.

One thing I am sure of is that I will retire there. Another 5 years of working in the UK should do it.

By that time SA will have had chance to mature a little. It's leaders will have had chance to sort themselves out. It's a great country with a great future, as long as they keep the racist Mugabe types at bay.

L

Leon Foreman

What province are you looking at to retire to Ron, Cape, Gauteng or KZN? Not to mention the others

R

Ron Clay

KZN if possible. Somewhere in the Notties or Rosetta region would do - near to some river fly fishing and big bass.

Apologies Graham this thread has certainly wound around many subjects.

L

Leon Foreman

Yes Sorry Graham We really weave some tangled webs sometimes. I have just been to Mpumalanga two weeks ago but didnt had the change for some Trout fishing. In aby Case we were by Graskop Haizyview and they are still managing some foot and mouth boundries round those parts. Really some lovely places up north as well. Buut I must admit if I had my choice I would head down South. Somehow my heart yearns for the Cape. Heaven knows why I and just besotted with the place for some or other reason. Not even the windy and rainy conditions dampen my resolve to live there one day.

G

Gary Magee

phil hackett
following wendy turners outburst concerning angling.I've taken your advice and contacted channel4 on their website at www.channel4.com/c4info/index_r4html
Dear Channel 4

With reference to certain comments made by your very minor presenter Wendy Turner Webster regarding angling and its alleged cruelty and her membership of Peta, if Mrs Turner Webster wants to use her very minor celebrity status to publicise her beliefs I think its only fair that she should make all of them public. For instance, PETA have certain views concerning the domestication of animals I notice she does’nt use Pet rescue or any other forum to air these. Am I just being cynical or does Mrs Turner Webster only spout her beliefs when it doesn't affect her job? If she actually had any moral fibre she would now resign from Pet Rescue as this show is evidently a total anathema to her beliefs but I am not holding my breath. I will not in future let my children watch any programme that contains this women as I will not expose them to any subliminal references concerning her extreme views.
YOURS FAITHFULLY GARY MAGEE
I suggest we all send mrs turner a little message just to let her know how half baked her views are.

G

Gary Magee

dear all
having not had any reply to my previous post i can only assume your giving MRS WENDY TURNER WEBSTER PLENTY OF STICK ON THE CHANNEL4 WEBSITE(PET RESCUE/C4 HIPPOCRATES)!.or am i just an optimist.

C

Carp Angler

I think that if you had posted it on the correct thread you may have had some replies.

Some of us have responded to Channel 4 but feel we don't have to shout it from the rooftops that we are doing things for our sport.

G

Gary Magee

carp angler
i was only making people aware of what mrs turner had said just in case they did'nt know.i'f i'd of known i'd get a sarcastic responce like this i wouldn't of bothered.
p.s i think somethings are worth shouting about.

C

Carp Angler

I don't know whether your intention is to upset people on purpose or not.

You wanted to know why you received no replies, I told you why.
You posted it on the wrong thread, yes, I know it's important, that is why there are several threads in different sections, you did not have to hi-jack another one.

If I posted a thread somewhere everytime I wrote a letter, e-mailed an organisation or called someone whilst defending my sport, it's participants or the good we do, then I would be forever telling everyone else how brilliant I am.
That is not why I do it.
I post occasionally, this is when I think that there is a certain lethergy or apathy in a particular area.

My reply to you was not sarcastic, if you read it this way then maybe you need to re-read posts in the cold light of day.

G

carp angler
i've read it in the cold light of day and still find it a bit sarcastic.which is abit ironic as you wrote your post at 3.23am. may i suggest you do the same.

T

Trevor Saunders

i think that we bump into people that are not nice to be around more and more its because its becoming more popular so its bound to attract the bottom holes of fishing long gone are the days of being the only carp angler on the bank of a lake and people staying away because they thought you were weird ;)

L

Leon Foreman

My father used to say "Dress Like a Baboon and expect to be thought off as a baboon, Act like a baboon and expect to be treated like a baboon and remember, even if a baboon wears a golden ring he is still a baboon". Although people make assumptions on how you dress you are usually known by your actions. In today?s world generalization is at the order of the day. Even as our youth strives for their own identity they are generalized as rebellious teens. Change is constant and according to any "old timer" - no pun intended - the world were better when they where young, we will also be that "old timer" someday and make the same statement. You can only account for your own actions and comment on your own experiences. There is a bit of good and bad in all of us, what might seem normal to you might be sickening to another. Everyone will at one stage be wrongly judge and everyone will judge another wrongly. After all we are human and are bound to make mistakes.

D

Dave Johnson

what has happened to this thread, Gary has transformed himself into Carp angler somehow........?

P

Paul Williams

I'm getting a little scared now,....i might turn into Sedge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Stewart Bloor

Paul, at least you will be able to dress up in a frock without people giving you funny looks as they do now...

P

Philip Inzani

Er hello!?! Just caught up with this thread, nice carpy title, started good and suddenly its transformed itself into something surreal...skin heads, Baboons, frocks appearing everywhere?!

so can someone clarify for me - would a tattooed baboon dressed in a frock be accepted into todays society?

A

Andy Thatcher

Ahhh but that was as a Roberts. Wasn't she from Lincolnshire somewhere ?