Catfish fish-in 2007

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Nick ........... back-leads.
There are specifically manufactured leads with open clips that tend to get lost and encourage you to buy more at triple the price a 1/2 oz arlesley will cost.
Match one of those up with a number 6 hook link clip, or the snap clip off an american snap-link swivel and you have a cheap, no-lose back-lead.
Even cheaper are some 38mm x 12mm cuttings from a roll of flashing. When you've set your lines, roll one of these around your line and drop it in to pin it down. They usually come back on the retrieve, but no loss if they don't.

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
By the way chaps, a word to the wise.
The toilets need one foot on the door. Having assumed the position and parked your breakfast, bear in mind that mummy won't hear your pleadings and come rushing to your rescue with a new toilet roll ........ remember to pack one in your kit, but more importantly, <u>don't set out without it in your pocket,</u> you are fore-warned!

Matty C

Reaction score
the list stands as follows Nick..

Me
Evan
Nick
Steaker
Cakey
Les Clark
Mark Hewitt
christian
trev matthews
heather matthews
Colin North
Mrs North

I spoke to Budgie I think roughly a month ago, he said he was deffinately coming this time, and he knows the details and such, but Ive been trying to get in contact with him for the past 2 weeks and hes not returning the emails. So its anyones guess if he turns up or not. It would be great for him to come along, but I dont know if he will or not..

Matty C

Reaction score
never mind Chris.. sorry. Having just been on holiday for a week, this is the first Ive looked at the site properly sinse being back.. I just saw the thread on the general forum and understand completely now..

cheers mate

pcpaulh

Reaction score
The weathers looking loveerrrrly today hope it stays like this for my b day and fishing.

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Are you gettin' excited yet?
This burfday fing ....... are you gonna be old enuff to take us all across the road for a throat-wash .........

....... and if not, are you gonna take us all n'e'way?

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Matty .....

....... what's the rate-ish for the week-end, I've forgotten.
From Friday am sometime, to Monday am.
Might some of us be hitting the pub during the quiet spells etc.
Must ensure I'm adequately covered in view of the hectic programme planned, know what I mean?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Steaker, not hold enough to get you all a round of drinks if thats what you mean.

Weathers been better today, just one short downpoar then sun!

Matty C

Reaction score
ok guys.. I spoke to the bailiff earlier on today and heres what was said..

The lake is actually fishing quite well, with a good number of cats and decent carp coming out.. he suggested putting out a fishmeal groundbait with crushed boilies, fishing whole boilies over the top.. this will give a good chance of cats and carp.. Active8 pop ups do well, as do maple8's..

the lake bed is prodominantly hard clay he said. with a few patches of shale, rather than gravel.. the carp tend to not feed off the shale, so fish to the side of one. the average depth of the lake is between 3-5 feet, but there are some deep wholes going to about 8 feet, but these are filled with very soft silt, so everything put in there will just sink..

Steaker, the 3 days will cost 60 in total.. plus a fwe quid for the bbq on saturday.

Les, I asked him about the gates.. He said you wont be able to get in before 7am, which is a bit harsh really.. but he has to lock the gates overnight to keep things secure as Im sure you can understand.. 7am is when they will open again.. I hope this is ok for you..

Any more Q's guys ?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Matty as I'll only have one rod after cats/carp is there anything else in there worth fishing for?

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Thank you Matty,
...... clear and concise as ever,
10-4 good buddy, Rodger dodge, over and out, see you at the week-end .......

..... whooo-Hoooo!!

Matty C

Reaction score
theres some big tench in there by all accounts, but chris I will br bringing a few spare 3lb tests and beatrunners with sufficiant line on of which you are welcome to borrow for an extra carp or cat rod

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I would love to Matty, I had ordered one for a birthday pressie. I even ordered it a couple of weeks ago to be sure but they had to muck it up!