• Start date
S

Steve Wilson

hi Nigel

any idea on the times and the length of the match

Muffin

Reaction score
Nigel,

I will be able to attend now as have sorted my holiday plans, will pay via paypal in a few mins.

Thanks

Simon

PS, thats if there is still spaces left?

Muffin

Reaction score
I've sent my payment via paypal Nigel, and very much look forward to it!

Thanks

Simon

S

Steve King

Sad to report that Ken "Uncle Albert" Powell will not be fishing as he sadly passed away on a club outing last Sunday.

Pat, Ken's wife said he did not suffer and died instantly from a major heart attack. He died the way he wanted to on the bank with a fishing rod in his hand.

Nigel: I will either donate the peg fee to the pools or get a mate of Ken's to fish in his place. I will let you know in a week or two.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Please pass on my sincere condolences to his friends, family and wife Steve.

I really am gutted, I loved Uncle Alberts posts, I'm lost for words...

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry about Uncle Albert, Steve. Seemed a nice chap.

Well, NOT interested and DEFINITELY NOT fishing.

JEFF WOODHOUSE.

I did say I'd let you know, Nigel. It's the close season, my principles won't allow it. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

S

Steve King

Thanks Trev I will pass your condolences on. I am totally gutted, Ken was a real diamond geezer.

S

Steve King

Life and death goes on fella's and like it or not death is a part of life.

I'm glad Ken didn't suffer some long drawn out illness.

It was a bit of a shock to get the call from Ken's wife, but I as I can't do anything about it all I can do is accept it.

Ken always used to bring an industrial sized flask of tea when he went fishing, when everyone else had run out of hot drinks Ken's flask always came to the rescue!

Cheers Ken! RIP mate.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I can't believe you sometimesJeff!

Steve, maybe a new thread is in order to let the members of FM know about "Uncle Albert"?

W

Wolfman Woody

Believe it Steve - I'm NOT interested and DEFINITELY NOT fishing.

S

Steve King

Steve, seeing as Ken never joined FM, but came along with me on 2 (or was it 3??) Clattercote matches he will probably be only known to Clattercote regulars, so probably a new thread isn't necessary.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Steve, Sorry to hear the news.Condolences to his family and I hope he is catching in the sky some time soon.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Steve, Sorry to hear the news.Condolences to his family and I hope he is catching in the sky some time soon.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Steve, we have an "Uncle Albert" on FM is it not him?

Deepest sympathies mate, the loss of any friend is terrible.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I was on about your tact Jeff, or lack of it!</blockquote>

Lack of tact?

When I posted "Sorry about Uncle Albert, Steve. Seemed a nice chap."

I met him the once, he was a nice chap. I feel sorry for his family and for Steve, but unlike you I don't go pouring out grief over the internet. I deal with death every month or so when one of our clients dies, most of whom are nice people. I feel sorry for those also, but as Steve King says, death isevery bit a part of life. Accept it and get on with enjoying what's left of it for you.

But then I forgot - the rules about thread titles must have changed since the new owners of FM took over in that - the thread title (Clattercote 2009, in this case) is not necessarily the purpose of the discussion once it has been modified.

S

Steve King

As far as I know Ken never got into the 'net as he was an old fart who never understood computers (and I know he would not be offended by the above!)

Steve: I think you met Ken at the Clattercote before last during the match and at the Brasenose afterwards.

Ken Powell bore an uncanny resemblance to Uncle Albert of the famous "Only Fools & Horses" TV series when his white beard was in need of a trim.