Coarse fisherman magazine

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

To cast doubt, which is what your doing, on the figures reported to CF by MW is suggesting he is not telling the truth. There is no difference!

Piece of advise - Stop digging the hole your in!

McVs
Chedders for me Eddie!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I dont think we could ever give you evidence bar phots and signed witness statements for every fish.

And now your threatning slander. You do know how to make freinds dont you.

Squares cheese and onion. for me

S

Sean Meeghan

Spiros

I'm the secretary of the Wharfedale Specimen Group, I've fished the Yorkshire rivers since 1974, except for a short stay in the midlands. Mick is a member of the group and we keep records of all fish caught over a certain weight. I won't name the other members of the group, but there are some very well known Yorkshire anglers in it nearly all of whom have contributed to various books over the years.

I can give you a cast iron guarrantee that Mick has caught the fish he stated that he caught and that the river Wharfe is more than capable of producing that number of fish to a competent angler who puts the time and effort in.

I did say that I wouldn't post on this thread any more, but you came close to questioning the truth of statements that I had made earlier so I have. I suggest you need to question the opinions of some of the 'experts' you quoted who have told you that the Wharfe is not a prolific Barbel river and is incapable of producing the numbers of fish that Mick has caught.

S

Sean Meeghan

Oh and I'm a plain crisps man myself especially the hand fried Kettle Chips. I am partial to the occasional bag of Salt and vinegar. Oh and pork scratichings - just love them!

S

Sean Meeghan

Spiros

I suggest you get hold of a copy of Barbel Rivers and Captures. Look at the ugly mug on the cover, look at the name of one of the 2 editors and read chapter 32 very carefully.

A special prize if you can spot the contributions by other memebers of the Wharfedale Group!

And no, I'm not in it!

captain carrott

Reaction score
ooh pork scratchings lovely.
as for me being in the territory of slander.

i think spiros that it may be your denying that the chap in question is reporting his catches truthfully which could be construed as slander. especially at the point he proves that you have called his reputation into question incorrectly.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

Sean, I see that now you?re 50 and a day or two your chilled state has gone, and you?ve joined the ranks of the grumpy old men. Welcome!
You?ll find your state only gets worse as the days pass. It might even culminate in going out and liberating the air out of the football of the kids in the street that have been niggling at you for years.

Learn to live with it, it?s now with you for life??.it?s great!!!!!! :0)

captain carrott

Reaction score
You?ll find your state only gets worse as the days pass. It might even culminate in going out and liberating the air out of the football of the kids in the street that have been niggling at you for years.

been doing that for years and i'm only 35

C

Chris Bishop

I suggest you edit your post immediatley or the moderators do it for you as we are moving into slander territory.

Spiros,

I know little about barbel fishing but I know this website and its contributors very well.

If the likes of Sean Meeghan, Fred Bonney, John Conway, Phil Heaton, Tony Rocca, Paul Owens, Bryan Baron, Yoggy, Jon Bedford and Phil Hackett all agree on something, I'd probably take that to mean it's right.

If you want a few ideas on how to fish the river, why not just ask. You'll find people are very supportive and forthcoming where advice is concerned, this is very much the ethos of the site and the 25,000-strong community of anglers who use it.

I wouldn't kick off by casting doubt over someone else's captures.

I'd ask what's different about the way they fish and see if I could learn from it.

Advice is very freely supplied on here, you only have to ask. Maybe we just all got off on the wrong foot or something.

S

Sean Meeghan

Thank you Phil! I've tried chilled and now I'm trying grumpy. I'm finding it very liberating so watch out if you bump into me on the banks of the Wharfe. Not that I fish it a lot as there's nowt in it you know! :)

Thanks Chris I think this thread needs a bit of heat taking out of it.

C

Chris Bishop

I think we've all just got off on the wrong foot here somewhere.

Beecy

Reaction score
anyway, sod wether or not its possible to get 218 barbel in a season,

what I want to know is, is there realy a high class knocking shop on the river with a god peg at the bottom of the garden?

and if so what club book do I need?

Rob Egan

Reaction score
Spiros,
I used to fish the Wharfe a fair bit at one time (Late 80s to early 90s) with a fair bit of success, I would go roving along the river for a whole day, but most anglers would just sit in one swim for the day and moan about the lack of fish, how many so called pegs do you fish in a day ? and do you ever try areas where you have to imagine a peg and sit in an uncomfortable position for half an hour then move on ? as Mick often does.

Rob

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts(i.e. slander writs)

I once caught 200 barbel in a week .....

Spiros

Reaction score
Rob Egan,
To be honest with you Rob I try and do a bit of both depending on the conditions etc. However next season I am going to roam a bit more whenever possible. I know what you mean about anglers sitting in the same spot all day and catching nothing - if there's no fish in your swim you can't catch them!
And yes I have fished some difficult pegs!
What stretches have you fished?
Spiros