Fame for Cooperman

M

Malcolm Bason

The truth is Paul I just cannot compete with some of you lot, with you pics of specimen sized fish!!!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Don't take it too hard peg leg. It's only cos we fish 'easy southern waters'.

P

Paul Williams

I reckon Coop's is gonna change his picture on a daily basis.....hes got loads of big roach photos now!!!!!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
"I reckon Coop's is gonna change his picture on a daily basis.....hes got loads of big roach photos now!!!!!"

I can't get the "big ones" into the 120x100 format though without looking like a pinhead in the distance.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
I just knew you would be first to rise to that one Brummie. If you were a fish even Sedge could catch yer! (well, perhaps a bit harsh)

P

Paul Williams

Nah, a rod wrenching take perhaps, but you would strike fresh air!!!
Hey Coops keep it on the QT but Sedge has had a couple of doubles in the space of a few days, has some one told him to put bait on the hook???
He asked me for advice on how to catch carp on "floaters", if i told you my responce you would only accuse me of taking your thread into the gutter...lol

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
The human equivalent of a gonk giving a rod wrenching take? I think not. You would be pretty safe anyway cos I'm not sure balti would stay on the hook....

What's this with Sedge catching? Anyone witness it or has he just dug out a photo of his last fish a couple of years ago and hopes no-one will notice. I won't believe his curse is over until both he and someone else catch together.

S

Stewart Bloor

Well Coop Coop, you just wait and see what I've been catching...in other words check out PP in a couple of weeks time...As for asking Brummie for advice on fishing, it's like asking Zsa Zsa gabor for marriage counselling...

S

Stewart Bloor

I've been down Brummies house, or should I say Palace tonight...ever since Ron Clay suggested Henry VIII spoke with a Brummie accent, it's really gone to his head...the crown that is...not to mention his ermine robe...and when I got to his Palace he was actually sitting on his throne...and that wasn't a pretty sight believe you me...He now calls himself Lord Ruiton of Gornal...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
With reference to Paul's remarks: "I have just noticed in the Zebco "fish of the week" a 22lb 11oz grass carp also from Sway that took a runner up prize", Stuart Clough has asked me to post this on his behalf:

"just thought I should set the record straight about my Dad's grass carp from Sway - it seems to have caused some debate on the Forum. He caught the fish the day after I had my brace of roach (the weekend before the FISHINGmagic fish-in). He caught it on the waggler, on double maggot, fishing for the roach and it took him 35 minutes to land. The pictures were sent to Angler's Mail and will be in this week's issue. Suffice to say he was over the moon with catching his biggest ever fish, along with a 5-plus golden tench, a 4lb brown goldfish, and a 1.15 roach."

Stuart Clough

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Well done Stuart Clough's dad. That's cleared up the mystery.

It's just that a number of us witnessed a 22lb grassie on our day, and the guy who caught it, a wally carp head, treated it like it had two heads as wasn't a 'proper' carp. I would have hated for him to have won a prize with it.

S

Stewart Bloor

Come on Coop Coop, of course a grass carp isn't a proper carp...it's a chub...coming from Cardiff, I thought you would have known that...hahahahahaha

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
What's this "Coop Coop" business Sedge? Is it cos I am twice as good as you, you have to say my name twice?