FISHING THIS WEEKEND ??

B

Birds Nest

Its the weekend what you up to ??

I'm off to the Dove on Saturday... After a crafty Chub then I'm gonna try for my 1st Barbel.

Wish me luck,

Later,

S

C

Carp Angler

Lower Severn.
Maybe roach, maybe barbel.
I'll decide when I see the river.

It's just good to get back out.

R

Ryan Turner

I've just come back from the Ribble, I managed two chub of 4lb+ each, I missed a couple of rod raggers as well! I met another angler who had banked 8 chub on cheese paste, my fish came to flake and feeder. As for this weekend, back to the Ribble, there's a barbel to be banked!
Tight lines, Ryan.

S

Stewart Bloor

Lower Severn, with Carp Angler, funnily enough...which reminds me, it's getting late, need to be up in the morning. By the way, Rik, barbel will be tops for tomorrow...I'm gonna catch a double...

S

Stewart Bloor

Drat...blanked again...with 9 others...the Curse Of Sedge strikes again...

B

Birds Nest

ME 2

What I want to know is who took the dove away and put an ocean in its place..... I didn't realish how much rain we had last nite !!!

N

Neil Wayte

Fished the Hampshire avon trying to do a feature for a mag but blanked.Some barbel out just below the pipes to 11lb 2oz.Found out why I had no carp from Watersmeet when the new owner of the house on the island came down to the end of his garden and chucked about 5 kilo of pellet in.He looked at me laughed and returned to his expensive house.One thing is for sure I shall not be going down there again.All the carp are full of pellet.No chance for the travelling day ticket paying public.

A

Andy Davis

I'm off down the canal again, had a look around yesterday and will try another section. I will catch one of those carp !

R

Ryan Turner

Ive had two blanks on a flooded Ribble, today was bloody freezin' the wind snapped my brolly and it took off in the direction of Preston never to be seen again! Im considering a fourth sesh in as many days, well there's not long left to fish this season so I'm gonna be chub hunting like a man posessed from now on, no brolly breaking gales are gonna stop me!

S

Steve Boulton

Not much different on the Dove,almost out of its banks and raging through.Nobody else mad enough to be there,still had 2 barbel though surprising in 40.3 temp.

R

Rob Brownfield

Got geared up to fish a local Loch for pike, but was met by blizzard conditions. I decided to live...rather than die on the banks of the loch, so I went back to bed.

D

Dave Johnson

Well done Steve, especially below the 42 degree mark. Which bit did u fish?
I went to the Blythe but it was coming up much too quickly and I guessed the Dove would be raging thru and opted to fish Hamstall fishery. However, with my heart set on barbel and just my river kit with me ...coupled with shite cold wind and rain.....I was back home before mid day.....tucked up warm in front of the footie.....

N

Nigel Dalton

What kind of wimp goes home to watch footie just 'cos its sub 42 degrees???
(Good game wannit??)

D

Dave Johnson

A clever one......who goes home and tells the wife that I thought it would be nice if i came back early, watched a bit of telly with the chublet and then took them all out to the Wacky Warehouse for the afternoon for a barmeal.....
brownie points scored and a double session this weekend.....

J

John Tait

Steve, there *was* someone else mad enough to be out on the Dove at the weekend - me, but on Saturday. River right at the top of the bank at Doveridge, never even had a knock (or at least, not that I could see). Well done for your two fish.

Jonty

B

Birds Nest

I nearly made it to the Scropton length.. Came ver the bridge saw it looked a 'little' flooded and thought uh ho.. Then realised I'd forgotten the key for the gate.. So i went home and sat in the warm !!!

S

Steve Boulton

Surprised john you haven't been these last couple of nights the whiskers have really been having it,just back in from the Dove.

S

Steve Boulton

John just back in from the Dove the whiskers are really having it.

B

Bar Barbus

No where fishing but thats my bad luck.

The only time I get invited to a private pond, reputed to have a head of 2lb roach, my weekends already booked up for a wedding ( Not mine or my mum and dads) of family friends. Well maybe next year, just have to keep badgering him for another visit.

Good luck in your fishing.