FISHING THIS WEEKEND ??

B

Birds Nest

Them Whiskers better still be having it on Sat... Any hints on where?

J

John Tait

Steve, the problem is that I work in Stockport. So, if I finish on time (some chance !!), it is 6:15 pm at the earliest before I get home - then it is another 45 minutes to Doveridge - and then I have to get to whichever swim I fancy.

All in all, I could not be fishing before 7:15 at the very earliest - more likely it would be 7:30-8:00.

OK, I know what you are thinking - just get out there and do it !! - and, to be truthful, I do do it that way in summer/autumn - so I should be doing it that way now as well !!

So, next spell of decent weather (that is, reasonably mild, preferably with a *little* rain, I shall be there !!

Jonty

S

Steve Boulton

I dont know which area you fish john but believe me just a short session 2-3hrs can produce more than your previous 5-6 outings.A little awkward at times ie the missus (growl)tired,driving,late nights.But you really have to make hay 2-3hrs BINGO!.

J

John Tait

The missus is absolutely no problem as regards my fishing, Steve - she really appreciates just how much it means to me. The late nights might be the problem - I have to be on my way to work before 7:00 am.

I'm fishing the PAAS stretches at Doveridge - I don't suppose you have any hints and tips, do you ??

Jonty

S

Steve Boulton

Only joking about the missus john she's a diamond really. Done very little in that area but there are quality fish about.Your chances increase fishing well into dark but it's not easy going.Intend having a good look next season probably see you there

J

John Tait

I look forward to that, Steve - and you are quite right about the dark - the few fish I have had off the Dove have all been night-timers.

Jonty

K

Keith Banks

S.
I think you will be better off on the Derwent, Today it looked great, up a bit but with a good colour at Wilne and Borrowash, and if it doesn't rain before the weekend it should be perfect.

Keith

B

Birds Nest

Keith, how would you fish there ? I'm not exactly sure whats in it..

J

Jonathan Faro

Hi
Um I'm gonna try a bit of quivering for chub. My local rivers doing it's best nile impression. The weir usualy has a drop of about 3 metres. If you wernt local you wouldnt know theres a weir. I'm gonna be able to fish the ever increasing river running off teh field past myt house soon.

Work. Well I only do saturdayas and I'm always home by 11 AM so if I watch a bot of TV I can be on the banks by about 1.30. Yeah the downside is getting up at 5 am.

NE way I'm off

Jon The baker