FishingMagic Social Fish-in

J

Jeff Spiller

Sorry to here that lad's' there are some right to-rags about, hope your covered.

Paul B

Reaction score
1)Glad to hear you had a Good get-together
2)Sorry to hear you had your gear nicked and car damaged!

I hope you are covered, keep an eye on e-bay you never know what may show up...

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Hell I'm sorry to hear about this ****y.

I hope the scrotes get caught and shot!

They don't deserve any less.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Sorry I couldn't make it lads, did my best but family matters got in the way. And sorry to hear about the tackle theft. B******s are everywhere aren't they.

T

trev matthews

Just a quick message cos im at work. Thank you Paul and ****y for a great weekend. Was nice to meet you all. Sorry to hear about the theft. Look forward to the write up.

Reaction score
Thanks all for you kind support.

Like complete idiots (I guess) we thought it wouldn't happen to us. The car was parked on a busy road, with three houses immediately around, a busy pub 50 yards away, and tourists, ramblers, cyclists and anglers everywhere and yet they still had the brass to do it in broad daylight. They obviously knew what they were doing as they only took the high value stuff (e.g. our tackle)

Don't ever leave tackle in the car; unfortunately it is very tradable commodity. Just to give you an idea of the scale of the loss, and in case you find them on ebay (if you do please email, it may be possible to catch the b*ggers), here's what I have remembered so far...

Reaction score
My List of Nicked Stuff

Abu Garcia Legacy Carp rod 2.25tc (35)
Masterline John Wilson Avon/ Quiver rod 1.25tc (70)
Daiwa Regal Plus 4500 Bri reel (64.99)
Spare spools for Shimano Stradic 4000GTM 2x Deep (14.99 each), 1x Shallow (14.99)
Korum Groundbait bowl (Large) (12.99)
Karrimor 60litre rucksack (50)
Wychwood Rage VTS alarms x2 (24.99 each)
Drennan Feeder Catapult (5.99)
Drennan Groundbait Catapult (7.99)
Reuban Heaton Flyweight Mk2 scales (29.99)
Wychwood Sack/ Weigh Sling (11.99)
JRC Dave Lane Guest Chair (24.99)
Leeda 2XL Landing net handle (8.99)
Wychwood Angle Adaptors x2 (8.99 each)
Fox Butt Hanger Bite Indicators x2 (9.99 each)
Ron Thompson LED headtorch x1 (12.99)
Rapala Fillet Glove (29.99)
Sidecutters/ Pliers/ Forceps etc (15)
Drennan Seven Strand Pike Wire 28lb (3.95)
Fox Deadbait poppers x3 (s/ m/ l) (2.25 each)
Fox Quick Change Pop-up Weights (3)
35-40? specimen landing net net (25)
Feeders/ Bombs/ Controllers etc: (30)
Umbrella (25)
Penknife (10)
Other terminal tackle: including baiting needles, drills, Fox diamond hook file, beads, swivels, pole threader, tubing, boilie stops, Enterprise fake sinking and floating corn and fake maggots etc. (40)

Floats:
At least 20 Drennan wagglers, Polaris floats, Maver bodied wagglers etc plus Fox marker floats, Drennan pike sliders, ESP surface contollers x2. (40)

Rod Rests:
3x Drennan extendable (3 each), 2x Drennan stick (1.99 each), 2x rod rest head (2 each), 1x alloy extender stick (14.99)

Line:
Krystonite 10lb 150m (4.99)
Krystonite 12lb 150m (4.99)
Drennan Double Strength 10lb 100m (4)
Grand Max Riverge Fluorocarbon 30yds (18.99)
Maxima 10lb 100m (4)
Power Pro 65lb 4-500 yards? (37)

Lures:
Heddon Crazy Crawler x2 (4 each)
Rapala Shad Rap x4 (15 each)
Berkley Soft Shads x1 pkt (6)
Storm Soft Shads x1 pkt (6)
Avrogast Hula Poppers x2 (3 each)
Shakespeare BigS x5 (2.5 each)
Shakespeare BigS/ LittleS x1 (2.5)
Assorted Shakespeare Cheapos x8 (2.5 each)

Total: ?900plus

Reaction score
On a lighter note?

Clive,

I forgot to say on the bank before we left...

I'll send you the Biofreeze I won on FM last week, for your sore shoulder, and all the contact details I have accumulated for fisheries, manufacturers and associations that assist disabled anglers.

Hope you caught that 2lb perch!

E

EC

****y there are loads of online places now that flog second hand stuff!

Don't want to sound patronising mate but a few other places to try other than ebay are

Gumtree

Loot

E&M

If you live, or know someone who lives local to where it happened, check the local free papers for the next month or so and ask around.

Find out the names of the car boot organisers as well and I would even go as far as to ask any local scallies that you want to actually buy some fishing tackle.

I once helped recover my sis's robbed car by responding to an ad in the local paper pretending to be a potential buyer. The guy had trashed his own, uninsured, then lanced our sis's, same model, colour etc.

Gutted for you mate.

Reaction score
Fair point EC, 'Clutching at Straws' is my middle name.

All of it can be replaced in time, but for me angling kit has huge sentimental value.

How do I replace my 'lucky Wilson' or favourite waggler ;-)

E

EC

You can't replace them mate, but there's always a chance you might find them if you try. You've got a PM!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the bad news guys. Hope you catch the theiving b*****ds who took it, scum of the earth!

Clive (Compact Angler ACA)

Reaction score
Well thats my first FM fish in under my belt and what a belter it was. I arrived at Kingsbury on a sodden Thursday afternoon and squelched my caravan across the field feeling quite dismal and downhearted. Friday, however, broke with a glorious blue sky which set the scene for for a great weekend. Really looking forward to the write-up Paul.

Paul, ****y, Trevor, Steve, Wendy and Joe. Thanks for an excellent weekend it was great to meet you all. Joe we are all proud of you.

****y I'll send you my address for the Bio-freeze you'r a gentleman.

Rotten luck with the break in though, it did rather put a damper on everything for Paul and ****y (understatement).