FishingMagic Social Fish-in

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
....... or is that, dot the eyes and cross the Tees? ........ s'pose it depends on whether you wanna go that way or not ...... hmmmm!

T

trev matthews

Paul I have a big tent booked in allready, you can kip in one of the rooms if you like. I was at the waterpark yesterday it was choc a bloc with families and people walking dogs. There is also a BBQ ban which startson 1 May, I dont know if it also applies on the camping bit on the other side of the road or not.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Cheers Trev, me and a mate are coming and we have booked a pitch already.

I need a larger tent anyhow so will be buying one not just for this weekend.

I should hope we can burn a few sausages on the campsite, that's part of the camping experience!

T

trev matthews

with only three weeks to go i would have thought this thread would have been buzzing with questions and answers and stuff. IS everyone so confident of the details that there is nothing left to chat about ?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how I'm gonna get all the gear in the car, just spent ?370 on roof bars and a box, but I'm still worried. Perhaps I should leave the kids and missus at home..........loads of room then!

What's the weather looking like? It's pants right now.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Any joy with the tent Paul?

I'm still a bit unsure about where to pitch up? We should be arriving at lunch time, anyone else planning to be there the same time?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Have a look at frame tents Paul I've got a beauty, but I paid top dollar for it!

They go up easy and are very strong (just in case it's windy!).

Fingers crossed the weather gods will be kind to us!

W

Wolfman Woody

Don't buy camouflaged.

A one man tent is made for one man and a two man tent is made for two, very friendly, men.

A bivvy is made for people who can't say bivouak.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Just had a look on metcheck and it aint looking good! It's a long way to go for us for a wash out, let's hope it picks up and metcheck is wrong! I'm gonna give it a miss if it doesn't get better, it's no fun in the rain when you're camping!

Reaction score
DB! Metcheck my rrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

You slightly more south-western than me softie! It's only a bit of rain! ;-)

I will be there in my chest waders as Paul's 'Aide de Camp' running the mud sled.

It'll be like Glastonbury but cheaper, with less (or no) bands (I'll get Paul to sing), and a lot more fish...