Get Your Passports Stamped! It's the Severn Fish-In

paul martin 7

Reaction score
Ray;
Couple of days on the bankside, meeting some new people and hearing some fishy tales. What could be better.

being pushed in by fred?

Reaction score
Those attending so far (and happy with date?)

Critter
DB & Wendi
Bryan Baron
Neil Maidment
Peter Jacobs
Pikey ?Ever the Optimist? Paul
Claudia
Beecy
Jeff Spiller
Speci Hunter
Paul B
Ray Daywalker Clarke
Swordsy
Big Rik
Eddie C
Mithrandir
Christian and John
Martin Womble
Fred Bonney
Paul (Brummie) Williams
Clive (Compact Angler)
Bully
Graham Marsden
Jim ?Lunghi? Smith
John Huntley
Cakey
Jim Hinchley

I make that 29.

Still room for a little'un!

CRITTER

Reaction score
bailifs nun-chucks ......sounds like a good oll shin dig as long as you lot dont start line dancing it will be fine .
an all weekender sounds good if the river rises then its the pub you say?
hope it doesnt as there has been far to much of that their wet stuff all ready and that area cant take anymore of this wintersummer.

Reaction score
How did you find out about the compulsary line dancing Critter? That was supposed to be a big secret!

Graham and DB have been rehersing their experimental (and very moving) dance interpretation of 'Achy Breaky Heart' for month's now (complete with rhinestone waders!)

Cakey,

If it's pike you're after, in my experience lures and lives will outscore deadbaits by a pretty high ratio on the Lower Severn and coarse deads will also outfish sea-deads.

That said, the zander love bite-sized deads, especially small roach, bleak (a killer bait) and lamprey.

Hope that helps

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Think I might fish for the Zeds as none of those round here...

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I have to be honest and say i think we are a little to far down the river for a fair chance?

just my thoughts and open to comments.

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I think the Red Lion option has probably gone out with the floods... so we're heading north a bit. Norton is still possible but may prove impractical as we have 30 FM anglers now.

My suggestion is two 'day sessions' with a stopover on the Saturday at campsites/ b&b etc, meeting up for a meal/ beers/ stories on the night...

I'm now focussing on the Upton/ Worcester area which I know, are pretty good for barbel and chub with huge predators, roach etc.

I have a couple of cards up my sleeve including John at BAA for bivvying up etc but I suspect the 2 day mini-holiday option is the more practical choice.

I will report back on emails I'll be sending over the weekend as soon as possible. In the meantime any thoughts would be appreciated...

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Nice one ****y....sounds much better.

Cakey......you OK on a boat?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Scrumpy......any of those.

your Wendi can get on the boat wiv me and Cakes :0))))))))))