Get Your Passports Stamped! It's the Severn Fish-In

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Wendi......come wiv me an Cakey and wup our butts!.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Well I am happy with 2 days fishing and a good social, I will go along with whatever the decision is.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Only just picked up on this thread but glad to see you have dismissed Wainlodes, waste of time going there for sure, not many pegs, Not many barbel (if any) not many fish.

BAA water is out because there is no overnight fishing allowed on their waters. The Wharf Inn at Holt Fleet is a maybe, there is a pub on the bank and a pool if the river is flooded but not sure if they allow overnighters maybe worth a ring ****y?

Lungi-Jim

Reaction score
Hi All

The Red Lion section - well it's tidal - bream and roach mostly. Not sure of the barbel potential - I imagine a Glous or Twe' bloke could give more info'. After the Twe' wier stretch and the famous Zander sections below that area. Not sure.

I agree ****ie, between Upton and Worcester. As I said on the phone Dic - I have the contacts for the venues suggested, and ideas for others. Yes, there is space if we keep it to thirty. I'm glad this idea is taking off. End of Oct is best - and recently the floods have held of to the second week of Nov and beyond. Night fishing is the biggest prob', but got my (local) ear to the ground on this one.

Suggest i play the 'man on the ground' as we lead up to the event. I'll keep all informed of conditions (and likely conditions - as you always have your eye on the Welsh Mountains, and the reservior.)

For all those thinking of Zander (please seem my profile pic') who the hell knows what will come out. The recent 21lb - well ****ie and I have been after such a 7 fish for a while. Once again - outside of hotspots - they are hardly fished for. Lifebait works better than anything - if that is your thing and you are comfortable will this. But certain types of lures, fished in certain ways do catch very well - had three over nine in an hour last year best of 12 10. They follow the fish, but there are clearly defined hotspots that at the right time of year are madness. The barbel, lots of, and not so pressured outside of areas like the weirs (Diglis etc) , or the very narrow stretches (Kempsy for example.)

Carp - as Dic' will tell you - pretty hit and miss without pre-baiting know or discovered spots. he clonked into two one late August completly randomly. I did hooked into one last year the same way. Who knows.....

I'm happy to talk to anyone at the fish-in about seven methods, and hotspots.

Dic - see ya Wed, we can go talk to a few ol' Wor boys about some fields I have my eye on for the event.

Cheers

Jim

C

Cakey

if you are our man on the ground who is going to be the bear in the air ?

CRITTER

Reaction score
so let me get this straight...you are all line dancing boat hugging pike wobbling smurf surf rubber ducks !

damb that must make me a fraggle!

get your cares away worry for another day let the children play down at fraggle ........oops my secrets out bugger.

J

Jeff Spiller

What about the Tench fishing, do they prefer live or dead's ?

Boat !!!
Is that the LOVE boat ?
Is that the tune to Fraggle Rock ?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Wowhoooo Jeff has woken up from his hibernation.....Hi mate where have you been hiding?

Lungi-Jim

Reaction score
Strangley, they did catch a couple of tench in one session from above Diglis weir. Then, as far as I know, they have disappeared. Not from the Fraggle Rock swim though.....(but how did you all know about that swim??!!!)

CRITTER

Reaction score
you mean to tell me you dont know ,Gobo,Mokey,Wembley,Boober and Red?
everyone knows them.
just ask the Dozers.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Unfortunatly I don't think I'll be able to come as will have a part time job in Waitrose. I've already told them 2 holiday dates and I haven't even started work yet. So I don't think they'll appreciate any more time off. The idea of a zed sounded so nice aswel...

J

Jeff Spiller

Hi Claudia, I been off line for a while, I've now moved house, a lovely peaceful place with no scum neighbors to shatter my sleep !

Christian don't let those giant supermarkets push you around, stand up for yourself.

J

Jeff Spiller

Steve !
Steve !
He's on holiday, just tell them that Asda have been trying to head hunt you and if they don't Honor all your fishing date's you might have to reconsider their offer.