Go Fishing

M

Michael Hall

I think it would have been great if we all bought FM tshirts (get them made) at least I would then be able to recognise some of you lot! My mate was going to make one for me and then his printer was nicked along with his computers and so on!!!

G

Gary Knowles

Alan,

I'm interested in lift sharing but my email is down at the moment can you give me a call on 0161 954 6103

Cheers

Gary

G

Gary Knowles

Alan,

Or if its after 4.30pm on 07730 436 030

Cheers

Gary

K

Keith Miller

Anyone visited today?
Your thoughts and observations as to what to look out for would be appreciated.

N

Neil Wayte

Don't forget to come and see us on the RMC stand.Introduce yourselves because I won't remember all your faces.You won't miss me,big ugly so and so with a beard and a silly yellow shirt.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'm there for the 3 days ------ on the Leisure Angling / Seacat stand

stand number F8 .......

see you there

Eddie

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

By the way ---I dont look like my piccie ------that was from about 35 years ago ---before colour film was invented

K

Keith Miller

Forgive me,but I seem to recall you were once likened to the elderly gentleman in Only Fools and Horses!

P

Paul Williams

Eddie is all sort of grey and white with glasses and a stouche nowadays. :)

A

Alan Fawcett

S'not fair :eek:(

I was working till 17:00yesterday,i'm working from 14:00 till 23:00 today & i'm working from 09:00 till 19:00 tomorrow :eek:(

If any of you fancy saying hello i'll be the really sad looking fat git in the total fuel station just of J13 of the M6 at Stafford.(& if any of you come in showing me the bargains you've piked up i'll go mad)

I can't even fien sickness cos my mums the boss :eek:(

J

john conway

Went down to the NEC yesterday (Friday) set off from Ingleton in Yorkshire Dales at 07:00hrs and arrived at the exhibition at 13:00hrs traffic jam M6 J19.
Bit disappointed with the whole exhibition, it’s seems to be getting smaller not as much to see and most of what you see you can’t buy. Went to a couple of talks which where OK, (travailing light and plug fishing) but to be quite honest I could have got more information in 15 mins off this site. Did get one good buy, I thought the magazine “Waterlog” was out of circulation, it was nice to see it wasn’t so I signed up for a years subscriptions. Don’t think I’ll be going to next years unless FishingMagic have a stand and I can have a couple of beers with some of you lads and lasses.

M

Michael Hall

I got 3 whips for ?10!!!! Cupping kits ?15 each, Trolloy at ?30! Worms at ?6 a kilo! And other bits and pieces ! However there where one or two things that could be improved such as some of the tackle deals only had boxes on show instead of available to buy! My dad was looking at getting one and it was going to take 2weeks! Also I think that the price to rent the stands could do with being reduced then they would get alot more dealers! however if wendy's about anywhere I got Matt Hayes autograph! And pic with him also I found Alan Scotthore (no one else recognised him! I could any tell it was him cos of his voice and accent! )and got his autograph and pic!!! However I think over all it was a nice change and i also got the pleasure of meeting Alan Roe and Neil Wayte who are other regular members of this site! I must of just missed Gary! One more thing was that there were only two seperate places selling ground baite but they weren't the types I was looking for!

M

Michael Hall

However the one bad thing was that I have a throat infection and ear ache as well as a bad chest so the total all round trip of about 4.5 (touching 450 miles) hours didn't go down very well with me ! But I made the most of the oppertunity!

A

Alan Roe

I had a mixed sort of a day. Essentially it was generally pleasant with some nice supprises. Young Michael turned up at the SAA stand and it has to be said that it was a pleasure meeting such a polite young man who is so obviously keen on angling he will go far mark my words...

The supprise stand of the day was Badger Classics. This firm has taken some stick over the net mainly due to backbiting from the tackle trade. I am not supprised that the trade hates Badger!! The stuff I saw on display was of very good quality especially the bivvies and the luggage and the stainless steel wares.

The best bit was the prices, everything was affordable I for one will be happy to buy some of their stuff. I suspect that Badger will have made a lot of friends by the end of the show!

The dissapointment was that there are no real bargains to be had everything that was on display was being sold at the same prices that you can get it for from the comics.

So those who paid the ?9 to get in may well feel a bit sore on that point.

For me though the other highlights were in meeting up with people again that I hadn't seen for a while

D

Dave Feeney

I went to the NEC on Friday and learnt from a chap on the Browning stand that the reason my second "Classic Gold" rod holdall's ar%e had fallen out after 2 yrs use, was that it had basically got wet or was it that I had put my bank sticks in points down.
The first holdall ripped after 3 months, the shop replaced that one O.K, the second looks like someone's fired a shot gun down the centre, it's only the base that's given way not the canvas, I didn't expect them to fall over themselves trying to make amends,this is England after all, but fishing tackle that falls to pieces when wet..... oh pleazzze......just didn't have the nerve to tell him about the broken zip on me "Classic Gold" carryall.....
The show was smaller than previous year but the talks were good and I came away with a few bargins, its just to expensive to get in.. think about it ... would you pay ?5 or so to shop at ASDA'S.No thought not! :)

M

Mark Lathwell

Went to the NEC today (sat)first time for me and my boys.

Had a realy good time, a bit smaller than i thought it would be but got a couple of real bargains.

The boys got John Wilson, Bob Nudd and Matt Hayes autographs that made there day.
My eldest played a computer fishing game with Matt but lost but he enjoyed it.

Have to complain about the cost of the drinks there ?5:95 for two coffe's and three cokes (small) how do they get away with it i will never know.

W

Wendy Perry

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh why didn't someone tell me Matt was gonna be there GRRRRRRRR i'm mad with myself now... Michael did you get an autograph for me ????? no i don't suppose you thought about little ole me Lol *sob* *sob*
I suppose i better start saving the ?200 that you have to pay to go fishing with him for the day LOL :]

K

Kevan Farmer

Alan Roe. Had I have known before hand that you were going to the NEC I would have invited you in for a cuppa. You went past my house mate. I'm only about a mile or so away from junction 11.

I didn't go to the NEC on principle. Car parking at ?5 a time???? Forget it. But I have to ask, do disabled have to pay also? Say no and I'll scream.

Kevan

R

Robert Draper

Well I went today and kept seeing this bloke who looked familiar but I couldn't quite place him. When I reached the car someone mentioned the internet and it clicked, the bloke I had been puzzled by all day was Alan Roe, if I had remembered earlier I would have said hello, d'oh!