Go Fishing

R

Robert Draper

PS does anyone know what happened to Gord Burton, I was looking forward to his lure fishing bits?.

Highlights
Hywel thingy (Morgan?) the welsh bloke doing the flycasting was tops, probably the best demo I've seen in a long time.

Wilson & James doing their usual double act, the travelling light seminar.

Being able to show my father that a gudgeon is different from a small barbel ;-).

K

Keith Miller

Kevan, I sympathise with you on the costs front and feel it puts potential visitors and exhibitors off. I went, as it has become habitual, but ?9 entrance, ?5 parking and ?25 petrol does make me wonder whther it was worthwhile, when many exhibitors I would have liked to have seen, who have been there on previous occasions, were not there, particularly some of the larger companies.
My wife goes to the NEC occasionally to commercial exhibitions and it is all free and meals provided.
An exhibition with lower costs might well attract a greater attendance and more exhibitors. I know there are other events, but having not attended I do not know whether visitor numbers were greater or there was a larger number of exhibitors.

G

gary magee

I have just come back from the NEC having had a lovely day.

I took a car full of local kids and the wife with me, all the kids got in for free and by the end of the day they had won a days coaching with a PAA professional, free passes to Premiere Fisheries, a years free subscription to Match Fishing Magazine, loads of odds and ends, been coached on the lake outside by PAA coaches and all caught fish. They got Bob Nudd's, Matt Hayes, **** Clegg and John Wilson's Autographs and all had a wonderful time.

There was not a lot of bargains to be had I agree but if it was bargains I was after I would have carried on down the M1 and went to the Davis Angling Sale.

I would like to congratulate the Organisers of Go Fishing for getting the balance between promoting our sport to the younger generation and the commercial side about right.

I would encourage anybody who goes next year who has an empty seat in a car to take a youngster with them as seeing their faces when they meet their Angling Heros makes it worth every penny!!

M

Michael Hall

I would of like to of seen a few of PETA's reps come along! That would of been funny, a couple of thousand anglers all in one hall with some of our anti's!! Imagine what would of happened to them! I was delighted to meet alan and see his presentation, which I must say was great with some exellent points about PETA and his ongoing campaine to 'fight back'! Its became obvious that PETA are fighting a propaganda war and Alan also said that they are unable to impart with angling as a whole and they will think of one thing and wont change their minds if they are right or wrong (they are normally wrong anyway!) Also he pointed out to me a contridicting point of peta's. Humans are not supposed to 'mix' with animals! We are as intended by God as a steward of the Earth as said by the bible! So as many of PETA's supportors are christians themselves, they contrdict the meaning of our presence therefore themselves disagring with their our religions! Another point about PETA is that what do they think we are? We are all after all wether we like it or not a form of animal, but with a greater mental ability! (well in most cases!) It also shows their 'respect' for other animals! Anyway Alan if there is anything that I can do to support your campain then let me know, as i would be more than delighted to help!

M

Michael Hall

Also to meet neial was a pleasure and he along with alan were working extremely hard! I bet they were nacked after!

As long as we have people like neil and alan in angling the sport/hobby will have a great future!

M

Michael Hall

neil sorry i think Ive got rsi ! from typing so much!

B

Birds Nest

Went on Sunday, Picked up some Ocean Fresh "sorted" boilies.. And a 5kg bucket of CSL pellets... Found it interesting, but not sure I'd go again... A lot of the big names were missing...

K

Kevan Busby

Went on Saturday and took my Dad and Uncle. On the whole it wasn't as good as last year but the standard of the demo's, lectures and displays was good (the crap dome was just that!!). The people who brought the live fish made a good impression on the kids, having their piccies taken holding a 20lb+ mirror, he didn't have any 30's though. Picked up 4 stainless extending banksticks for my goalposts - excellent quality and ?20 the lot. Had a chat with Lee Jackson, Terry Herne, Ian Poole, Julian Cundiff & Derek Richie but no sign of Frank Warwick. LoL watching people trying not to smash the rods and poles they just bought. The Badger stand was quite an eye-opener lots of good quality gear but some trashy bits also. Nice boats and friendly stall holders who were more than happy to chat about their wares. A day out is what you make it folks!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

And Barney and I managed to get someone else to pay .......

N

Neil Wayte

Knackered isn't the word Michael.Saturday started for me at 4.20am and ended at 12pm.
Personally I loved it.Spoke to loads of people including some of the reprobates from here.
Some how I agreed to show Knowles how to catch some double figure Bream and he still didn't take me to the bar.
The best bit was seeing the kids faces when they saw the Sutton Carp in the tank on the stand.
Hows the hang over Eddie.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Its ok now thanks Neil------

Baileys and Brandy goes down too nicely...especially when it all free !!

..... but by god you pay for it the next morning

G

Gary Knowles

Neil - you should have come and found me mate. I spent most of the afternoon in the bar, anyone who knows me would have guessed that.

When we meet up in summer the drinks are on me !

A

Andrew Gardner

Well i was really dissapointed along with the guys who went up there with me, Where was Diawa, the talks were good but thetackle on offer was not as good as previous years but no doubt i will end up making the trip again

R

Robert Woods

Did anyone see Badger's Eclipse Shelter at the show...is it as big as a Fox Evolution...how wel made is it.It seems some of you liked Badger's bivvies.

A

Alan Roe

Robert Both Gary and I were very impressed with the shelters and Bivvies that we saw the quality of the materials on the ones we saw was excellent.
Though If you take my advice go for the upgrade of the eclipse called the Oaklands as it is supplied with a zip in infill panel which will make it a lot more versatile you will also want to get a pair of the storm poles as these are not supplied.
I am hoping to have one of their new oval brollies for review soon and if Graham is happy about it I will post a copy of the review on here.

A

Ashe Hurst

Michael,

I found the MAFF,Salmon and fresh water fisheries review,it was in my unique filling system.

Dated feb 2001.
Address is,

Room 308,
nobel house,
17 smith square,
London SW1P 3JR.

TEL NO. 02072383000

Hows your gadget going? Done 3 days sea fishing this week,would like to try it out on a beach caster and boat rod,also my feeder rod,got a few tench and bream sesions lined up.