Hempseed

D

Denis Goulding

Hi all,
The baking powder stops blowing the lid off, hmm better get that bucket outside quick. How much baking powder do u use.
Thanks for the info...Can u add flavours and colours as u boil it????

Regards,
Denis

D

Derek Emerson

Thanks guys, been angling for 50+ years, haven't used hemp for about the last 20 of those, I couldn't remember how to do it........now does anyone have a good way of crushing dry hemp without it costing an arm and a leg? Also without having to do it a cupful at a time...........

D

Derek Emerson

Think about it Jeff, even if you screw the thermostat right up on the pond heater it will probably never reach boiling point,I don't think it would ever cook....

B

Budgie Burgess

Sure can Gordon.Freeze it in the water its cooked in.This water is also good for mixing up your groundbait.

ferret

Reaction score
Derek yes you can crush dry hemp I do mine in the food processor 1lb at a time and it comes out realy smoth and oily to the touch then freeze if you want or tie the bag so that it`s air tight or you could use a liquidiezer ONE MORE THING BUY YOUR OWN NOT THE WIFE`S found out the hard way.

ferret

C

Chrisx Ess

First cook your hemp with salt and sugar, say about a kilo [of hemp!], separate it from the water, then puree it. Add some water along with dry ground hemp to make a stiffish mix. I also add a dab of fish sauce.

Then dissolve two strawberry jellies in boiling water [you could use some of the hemp water] and mix in with the hemp. It doesn't go solid, it remains squidgy but smells wonderful.

I use it with a bit of crumb or liquidised bread for for carp and tench in a cage or method feeder. Brilliant! [Idea adapted from an article in CF by Ken Townley last month]

I absolutely hammered the carp last Sunday - fourteen fish in 2 hours - nothing bigger than 10lb, smallest about 4. At times I could only fish with one rod as the bites came so fast after casting in!

Ivor Hensher-smith

Reaction score
Thanks guys been fishing nearly 30yrs myself and never thought of some of what advice you have come up with for cooking and crushing hemp thanks

J

jason fisher

with the tares you have to keep removing one with a fork a squeezing it softly while they are boiling.
once you feel one is soft enough take them off the heat and rinse them.

Ivor Hensher-smith

Reaction score
thanks jason fisher never cooked tares only ever soaked them overnight never had problems with catching fish with them as hookbait

R

Rodney Wrestt

Cakey,
rinsing stops the cooking process, they need to be firm but squashable between finger and thumb (without just splitting in half when squeezed, they are not ready at this stage). Leaving them in the hot water when the tester is squashable will see the rest go to mushy. This doesn't matter when using them for loosefeed but for hooking (roach, carp, bream,tench) they fly off on the cast.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Oh yeah, but keep the water, it can be used to mix your groundbait.

R

Rodney Wrestt

like you didn't know.......you're a card you are Mr Cakester :eek:), long time no post, you always seem to be on an expadition, or is it just 'cause I'm not here as often as I used to be? . hope all's well in the Cakey family and on the fishing front.

C

Cakey

All is well in the Cakey family thank you Rodney
What about yours.......hope all is well

R

Rodney Wrestt

Yes thanks, we're all doing fine. As for the fishing....don't ask, can't remember the last time I wet a line, work and tackle transportation issues, The brother works shifts these days and isn't available to carry me tackle :eek:)