Historical Fishing Locations

Philip

Reaction score
Some amazing places being mentioned on this thread. I have fished a few well known waters down in the South. Probably the most historic being the Royalty' at Christchurch...the first time I went just being there was exciting.

Someone mentioned the Bream record which brought back a vague memory that I am fairly sure I fished Chiddingstone castle lake as a kid.

Heres a curve ball a sort of unfamous yet historic water ..Keston ponds. ..sure a few on here will know it well.

Further afield Lac de St Cassien is probably the most famous one I have dabbled on.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Some amazing places being mentioned on this thread. I have fished a few well known waters down in the South. Probably the most historic being the Royalty' at Christchurch...the first time I went just being there was exciting.

Someone mentioned the Bream record which brought back a vague memory that I am fairly sure I fished Chiddingstone castle lake as a kid.

Heres a curve ball a sort of unfamous yet historic water ..Keston ponds. ..sure a few on here will know it well.

Further afield Lac de St Cassien is probably the most famous one I have dabbled on.

I caught my first tench at Keston ponds as a nipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith M

Reaction score
A place I forgot to mention was Stanmore Common where historians say that Queen Boadicea camped alongside the lake(s) when she was sacking London and St. Albans.
My father and his mate stocked this lake with a few bucket loads of small Tench there back in the 1950s when Tench were fairly absent from there.

Keith